Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone use diatomaceous earth?

My friends little dog was very sick, she didn't know what was wrong, the vet didn't know, she spent 400 dollars taking her dog to the vet ! Her dog had a high fever and couldn't walk, hardly ate or drank ...she started giving the de earth to her dog and now her dog is eating and drinking and starting to walk! I should get my order from Amazon tomorrow. It was 22 dollars for 10 lbs. It is food grade . Im anxious to try it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cookie777 wrote:

My friends little dog was very sick, she didn't know what was wrong, the vet didn't know, she spent 400 dollars taking her dog to the vet ! Her dog had a high fever and couldn't walk, hardly ate or drank ...she started giving the de earth to her dog and now her dog is eating and drinking and starting to walk! I should get my order from Amazon tomorrow. It was 22 dollars for 10 lbs. It is food grade . Im anxious to try it.

I posted all the info. the local farmer posted in their newsletter last week. This week she has a dog food recipe with DE in it. Maybe your friend would like to try it for her dog.

DIY Homemade Dog Food

Prep Time 10 minutes-Cook Time 45 minutes-Total Time 55 minutes-Yield 8 cups

Keep your dog healthy and fit with this easy peasy homemade recipe - it's cheaper than store-bought and chockfull of fresh veggies!

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups brown rice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 pounds ground meat
  • 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
  • 2 carrots, shredded
  • 1 zucchini, shredded
  • 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
  • Options- 2 Tlb. Diatomaceous Earth, 1/4 c. flax seed, rice cooked in bone broth, peppermint flake for breath.

Instructions

• In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
  • Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground meat and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the meat as it cooks.
  • Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
  • Let cool completely.
  • Divide into your portions place in container of choice and freeze for later use.
Valued Contributor

Wow, thank-you Night owls ! I'll copy it and give it to her. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't live w/o DE! My blood sugar is usually normal, I do eat paleo and avoid grains.My hair is thicker, skin is soft, age spots are GONE!!!!!! Spider veins on my legs are fading! My nails are hard and grow so fast..my little chihuahuas get 2 tsps daily to prevent worms and I apply DE so they don't get fleas! Its amazing!!!! I've been taking 1 tbl daily for about six weeks now. Hoping it will wipe out diabetes! I get FOOD GRADE from Earthworks..its NOT expensive either!!!!!! So glad I saw this thread!!!!!Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Cookie777 wrote:

I am so glad I tried this too..its a miracle!!! I also brush my teeth with it..it makes your teeth stronger!!!! :-) If you have bone issues, it will strengthen them!

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@Cookie777

never heard if it

hnj

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Emmysmom, that's amazing! I just started taking it yesterday, I'm anxious to see what happens. I'm so glad it's working so well for you! 

Esteemed Contributor

I took the plunge and ordered some . . . Can't wait to see if I can tell a difference after a few weeks. Prior to this thread, I had never heard of DE, so thanks for starting it, @Cookie777!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

We don't use it for health...we use it to control spiders and insects. I sprinkle it along the garage walls and along the foundation. As spiders and insects walk across it, it cuts the abdomens open and they basically leak out and die. Under a microscope you can see how sharp the edges of the DE is...sharp enough to penetrate the outer shell. Safe for human and animal consumption, but deadly for bugs. I've been using it around my homes for well over 10 years. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cookie777 wrote:

Emmysmom, that's amazing! I just started taking it yesterday, I'm anxious to see what happens. I'm so glad it's working so well for you! 

Oh, please keep us posted! I will never be w/o it! Oh..had some ants and spread some

DE in the area..they're gone! Its ok if the doggies eat it, as its safe for them, no worries like I had with frontline etc. I am sure you'll see many postive changes!!!! Just make sure its food grade! xox

-- Mae West