Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone order their Rx from Canada?

A hypothetical question but nonetheless important regarding this thread.

If you were visiting Canada on vacation and something happened that you needed medical intervention and medication, would you refuse to go to the hospital in Canada, not agree to have their doctors examine you and not take the prescribed medication just because it's from Canada where you happen to be?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Super Contributor

I read your post in another thread and have contacted the Marks Marine Pharmacy for two of my meds.  I take Lantus also and have just gone on Medicare and Ins and the cost here was frightening.  I Thank you so much for the information and experience you have had.  It appears that the process is easy as you stated.  Sorry I didn't let you know earlier.  thanks Again

Super Contributor

I haven't yet, but my employer sponsored prescription plan offers Canadian RX coverage through a company called CanaRx.  It is for name brand meds that are much more expensive through our American pharmacy.  I know several coworkers that use it without issue.

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

I am gpoing to check on this for one of my medications.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would suggest PricePro Pharmacy in Canada. Think they are in Vancouver.

Read the reviews, almost 5 star.  Excellent service, very nice helpful people to deal with and answer the phone quickly.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I have for years for one antibiotic for sinus infection.  No prescription - takes regular credit cards - quick and easy.  However, I assume many meds do require a prescription - but I've never had to experience that.

@fthunt 

Could you share the name of the pharmacy.  

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't, I can envision any circumstances under which I would do that.  All of the physicians I see call prescriptions in to my pharmacy or they do it online.  I'm pretty sure none of them would call a script into a Canadian pharmacy, or one in Mexico either.  It's weird how people won't use Facebook but they'll go online to by medications from heaven only knows who.

@chrystaltree I just purchased Benicar which is a blood pressure medicine.  It's costing me $160.00 for 30 days.  There is no generic for it yet and I've tried similar (not really) generic meds that I'm not happy with.  Benicar works well for me. 

If I can find it cheaper in Canada I will certainly try to purchase it from there.....why not?

ETA:  I just checked one of the online Canadian pharmacies and for my Bystolic medication for 30 days in the same strength that I've been using the cost is $77.00...HUGE difference in price! 

I see my doctor next week and will ask him to help me get the medication from Canada in the future.

According to the information provided by Good Rx there is a generic for Benicar. Looks like the price depending on what Pharmacy you use is considerably less that what you are currently paying. Hope this is helpful and will save you money.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all so much for sharing the names of pharmacies you have had good experience with.  I have been considering this but had no names or information at my last doctor visit to start this process.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

If so, anything one needs to be on the alert for? Any tips?

An Rx I use is available everywhere EXCEPT the USA now. My doctor has written scripts so I can purchase it overseas when possible but I found it via multiple Canadian med sites. TIA for any and all information.

I buy 2 of my meds from Canada. Go to MediSaveca, they have a listing under the letter. Look up your medicine it will tell you the strength and price. I've been buying for years from them. There is a telephone number on their web. now you must have a perscription from your Dr.{mine never hesitates}. If you have a Visa Credit card, they will mail it to you, after you send the script in. If you do not have a card they will tell you the total, you mail a check, which is what I do. It takes a little longer because they have to ok with your bank.  Don't hesitate with this company, they are wonderful.You will see that sometimes if you want to have 2 or 3 refills they will send it, I have told a number of people about this place. I sometimes get 6 refills at a time, depends on the medicine.

@SahmIam wrote:

If so, anything one needs to be on the alert for? Any tips?

An Rx I use is available everywhere EXCEPT the USA now. My doctor has written scripts so I can purchase it overseas when possible but I found it via multiple Canadian med sites. TIA for any and all information.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  Of course Doctor's call in prescriptions to American pharmacies like walgreens, etc.  That's goes without saying.

Are you aware how many of US drugs are manufactured out of the United States in other countries today?  Do some research if you have not.

If the same drug costs $300.00 per month called into Walgreen's, CVS and checking on GoodRX, but you can get the same drug (which many times is manufactured in other countires anyway) for $25.00 plus shipping which one would you  choose??

I have good insurance but even so it does not cover

all drugs. 

Hope it doesn't happen to you one day.  If it does

you know where you can find it.