Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone here take Vitamin K2,

@Mj12 wrote:

Yes - DH and I both take K2 + D3 each morning with our other vitamins.  I think it is supposed to help with bone health so that's why we've added it to our other vitamins.  I have not had a bone density test so I cannot really say if K2 is helping me any.  I don't see any adverse affects.

I also take these two supplements together for the same reason.  I have ostepenia.  Having another scan at the end of the year and hoping to see a little improvement.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, I take k2  and Nattokinase together  for many things  preventively including 

cardiovascular diseases including heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, chest pain (angina), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), hemorrhoids, varicose veins, poor circulation, and peripheral artery disease 

I have been taking these two for about 25 years. I give it to my husband too. 

@SeaMaiden @It sure would be interesting to peer inside your heart and arteries to see if they are plaque free. You are far ahead of the curve by taking this for so long. 
People such as you, on K2 long term, should be studied against a group of controls, to see the lifetime effectiveness of the K2.

@Mindy D   I was fortunate to work in the natural supplement industry for over 25 years...gained lots of knowledge...and started taking supplements and eating right  for many years... now 65 I do think it has made a difference in my overall health.  I do suffer from  osteoarthritis and have since my early 30's.  It is more of a genetic "gift"  But as the sayin goes...we all have something.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden , It would be interesting to know what you take ,and brands.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden , It would be interesting to know what you take ,and brands.

@goldensrbest      Too many to list!  I know other people take a lot of different supplements like I do... many would chastise me for taking more than I should.. wasting money... etc.... but it is just what I do. 

I would think that if something was going to cause an adverse reaction by now it would have reared its head by now.    I enjoy reading up on the latest nutritional studies etc... especially life extension who backs everything they promote with valid information. They put out a great monthly magazine too. 

I am not brand loyal... many times you can get a better price with a label that less expensive for the same exact ingredient.  You must know your supplements and trade mark brands to do this and thus why the average consumer has a hard time understanding and reading labels and amount of what you are getting. The labels can be confusing to the regular consumer.   They are tricky and often times very deceiving to figure out.