Honored Contributor

Does anyone here take Vitamin K2,

If yes, what's your experience with it and what is your reason for taking it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone here take Vitamin K2,

[ Edited ]

If you are well and just curious, K1 or K2 might be OK.

If you are a blood thinner, ask your doctor first.  Particularly with Warfarin intake and level are tricky.

As I recall, one good thing about Lessman's multi is that it lacks K.  That can be hard to find OTC.

Trusted Contributor

I take Energetix D3-K2 Lipospray because my nutritionist recommended it.  She said the K2 is needed in conjunction with the D3.  The D produces a K protein that needs the K2 for proper functioning.  That's all I remember.  Her recommendations have always worked well for me, so I really haven't studied this at all on my own.  

Valued Contributor

If you have ever had a blood clot or have Afib or other vascular health issue, I would suggest that you talk to your doctor before you take supplements of vitamin K.

Vitamin K can cause your blood to clot faster and it will counter your medication.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I take Vit K2 by Doctors Best daily, 100 mcg. I add it with my calcium and magnesium and D3 to keep the calcium directed away from the heart.  

Honored Contributor

I thought if you take calcium supplements you are also to take k2.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I take k2  and Nattokinase together  for many things  preventively including 

cardiovascular diseases including heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, chest pain (angina), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), hemorrhoids, varicose veins, poor circulation, and peripheral artery disease 

I have been taking these two for about 25 years. I give it to my husband too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msgb wrote:

If you have ever had a blood clot or have Afib or other vascular health issue, I would suggest that you talk to your doctor before you take supplements of vitamin K.

Vitamin K can cause your blood to clot faster and it will counter your medication.

@msgb @I'm curious to know if anyone here has been told to take it to reduce or prevent calcifications in the heart or arteries. I'm only referring to K2 and not to K1. There are forms of K2,and K2-7 is the form that some research shows a reduction  in cardiac calcification. Much more research should be done with this. 

‼️‼️"In one study spanning 7–10 years, people with the highest intake of vitamin K2 were 52% less likely to develop artery calcification and had a 57% lower risk of dying from heart disease (11Trusted Source)."

There are more studies. I haven't read them yet. 03AF0323-F6C7-46EF-80CA-FB8331F499ED.png

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, I take k2  and Nattokinase together  for many things including 

cardiovascular diseases including heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, chest pain (angina), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), hemorrhoids, varicose veins, poor circulation, and peripheral artery disease 

I have been taking these two for about 25 years. I give it to my husband too. 

Never heard of nattokinase.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I am sorry I do not know the answer to your question.

I was on coumadin for some time. My father was on coumadin as was a brother. Perhaps other family members but I would not know for sure.

I am going off of what my doctors have told me. 

I always suggest going to the doctor and also a pharmacist would be knowledgeable about the interactions and or side effects and the benefits.