Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone have osteoporosis?

@SilleeMeethank you so much.  I am going to order the bambo silica powder.  I just found one that is organic from Walmart.  Is that the one you use??

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@SilleeMeethank you so much.  I am going to order the bambo silica powder.  I just found one that is organic from Walmart.  Is that the one you use??

@agb80 

Yes, the organic version is fine. I buy mine from Amazon. It's made by the BulkSupplements brand, not organic however. But there is also an organic one there, too, MicroIngredients is the brand name. Either one will do. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeefound it.  Am ordering what you have because I want the same results.  Thanks again.  I now understand the dexa numbers and have saved that web page. 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 

You're welcome and I'me happy to have helped you. Good luck.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@agb80 

You're welcome and I'me happy to have helped you. Good luck.Woman Happy

@SilleeMeeyour information is life changing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 

I need to correct the amount of silica to take. That should be a rounded 1/4 teaspoon daily.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeegot it.  Thank you!!!!!

New Contributor

Yes, I have it and am taking the pill for 2 years because my insurance won't pay for the infusion until you try the pills for 2 years. This is my second year, then I get tested again to see if the pill made a difference, if not, then I get the infusion drip.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been wondering about AlgeaCal.  It's pricey but the company offers a refund if you don't have a positive DEXA in six months.

On my last DEXA I went from osteoporosis back down to osteopenia. I had been taking the bamboo silica powder.  To be honest though, I don't know if it was the bamboo or the elimination of one med and reduction in another for that purpose.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@agb80 

Thanks for letting me know about that nasal spray. So what now? Are you going to look for something new?

I'm taking a rounded 1/4 teaspoon of bamboo silica extract powder daily and have been for several years. I believe the silica has made my bones dense and in a healthy way. My first dexa scan, twenty years ago, was less than -2.5...the lowest it can go. Now it's above -1.0 which is normal. A combination of taking silica, vit D and some calcium plus exercise has brought me up to normal. I've recommended the silica powder here on this forum before and several posters are taking it. Some have stated bone density improvement with nothing else as an explanation to the cause except the silica. 

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Decisions are often difficult to make especially when it comes to our health.

I also started taking the silica extract, when @SilleeMee talked about it in a different thread.  I do/did take a bone buiding drug as well,  but as of last week my doctor and I (along with a good dexa scan report) decided to wait until my next scan to see how things go.  I will continue the silica (some days I forget, but will be more diligent now).  I hope with the combo of vitamins and the silica I can keep my bone scan in the good range.