Honored Contributor

Does anyone have experience with full mouth dental implants?

My DH has several back molars missing, upper and lower. He's intrigued by those commercials that show new teeth in a day.  Does anyone have ANY IDEA what it costs?  Ballpark figure?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with full mouth dental implants?

[ Edited ]

DH had eight implants and it was $25,000.  BTW that didn't fix his problem (decay under implants caused by dry mouth) so now he has full dentures (that are anchored by four implants).  We don't understand how anyone would be happy with the one day deal.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat Contact all of them and find out. Also check with your local BBB for info. I'd be very very careful with a place that does this.

Not saying that aren't good, but caution needs to be taken.

Also, ask your dentist about these places. Or call the dental board and get info.

And they likely won't quote you a price without an appointment.

Here in WA state there are a few that advertise locally on TV. I'd really check them out carefully.

I hope you'll keep us posted on what you and DH find out. Best of luck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

My DH has several back molars missing, upper and lower. He's intrigued by those commercials that show new teeth in a day.  Does anyone have ANY IDEA what it costs?  Ballpark figure?

Thank you.

@house_cat

If you live close to a dental school you might check that as well.  The work may be done by 4th year students who are getting ready to graduate, but they will be well supervised. At least that is true in the dental school close to me.  

Best wishes to DH!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who posted replies.

He's not ready to have anything drastic done, just wondering about the cost.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I don't know what full mouth implants costs, but my granddaughter was born without secondary eye teeth...my DH's sister has the same problem, it must be heredity.

She has two eye teeth implants and the cost was $4500 each.  The cost includes the surgery to implant the posts and the the custom made "teeth" to fit in the space.  They look wonderful and natural.  

i know a person who has permanent dentures.  The denture is attached to a natural tooth  on one side and an implanted tooth on the other side so that they do not move....much like a permanent bridge.  This method seems to be less expensive and looks and feels great according to what I have heard.

Dental work is very expensive.

Trusted Contributor

I went with my brother  about 6 years ago and start to finish removing what teeth he had left 8 implants full set of dentures  40,000.00.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

DH had eight implants and it was $25,000.  BTW that didn't fix his problem (decay under implants caused by dry mouth) so now he has full dentures (that are anchored by four implants).  We don't understand how anyone would be happy with the one day deal.

The more I see and hear about people having expensive implants done and having them fail, I like them less than I originally did.

My husband has bone issues, he lost most of his teeth because of it and he had a dentist telling him that he could find "good" areas to put pegs in for a full upper denture that would snap onto the pegs and could be removed.

He was against it from the get go and I had said to him, you can do what you want however I think that eventually those pegs are going to fail just from being tugged on to get the denture in and out for cleaning underneath them.

Honored Contributor

I've had dental issues all my life.  Currently have more implants than I can recall.  (Probably at least 8).  Some of my implants are probably more than 20-25 years old.  Never a problem.  All were done by a very qualified oral surgeon.  Can't imagine how implants can be done in one day.  My implants all took several months for the complete process, longer if bone grafting was require.  Everything takes time to heal properly.  How can that happen in a one-day deal????

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last week I had the crown put on my fourth implant.  The tooth was pulled last February.  This is not a one day procedure. From start to finish, the procedure was around $7000.

My husband is beginning his fifth implant next week.

Neither of us has ever had a problem during or after the procedure.  My first implant is about 10 years old.  Back then I paid about $6000.

An oral surgeon pulled the teeth and did the implants.  Our dentist did the crowns.  Insurance paid for the extraction of the teeth.  When it came to the first crown they denied it stating there was no tooth there to crown..  There was an appeal and they paid part of the crown. (Our insurance pays $1500 for the year.  One crown easily exceeds that.)