Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with Golden Milk?

I've seen a few articles recently in magazines and online about the health/wellness benefits of golden milk touting everything from immunity boost, weight loss, anti-inflammatory properties, lowering cholesterol etc. I'm  wondering if anyone has used it consistently and what was the impact.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have any experience with Golden Milk?

I've never heard of Golden Milk.  Would you care to share any information about the product that you might have?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do a variation.  Tumeric/ginger in a plant-based milk.

The major benefit of Tumeric is inflammation.

When mixing it with Dairy, which inflames & adds cholesterol,

just negates any of the beautiful properties of this spice.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I've never heard of Golden Milk.  Would you care to share any information about the product that you might have?

There are a few versions of the recipe but basically it contains coconut milk, tumeric paste (made with tumeric, black pepper, coconut oil & water), ginger, honey or substitute, vanilla, cinnamon. Some recipes leave out the vanilla and cinnamon and some use regular milk not coconut.   Premade golden milk is also available in some health food stores.  

Mainly because of the supposed medical benefits of tumeric and ginger, the milk is supposed to have all sort of health benefits.  The "dosage" is basically one cup a day although there are also different versions of the amount to drink.  A friend of a friend (yes not necessarily that reliable) said she lost 42 pounds over about 4 months drinking one cup a night and making no other diet or health changes.  She also claimed her joint pain went away.  

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

What kind of benefits do you think you get from it and do you just drink one cup a day?

Trusted Contributor

I don't know what Golden Milk is but I do use 1/4 tsp of Wakaya Perfection powdered ginger & powdered turmeric in my daily juice or smoothie. I've been doing this for more than a year, it's helped get rid of aches/pains that I used to have.

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

What kind of benefits do you think you get from it and do you just drink one cup a day?

I started using it several yrs ago after I had knee surgery..to reduce inflammation.   I'm pretty active so the recovery from one activity to the next is much, much less.  My diet is very non-inflammatory, so my turmeric use is really for insurance,...plus I like the taste & the pretty color!  You don't need much...just 1/4 teaspoon.   I don't use it every day, but maybe 4-5 times a week.  I cook it with my rice for savory dishes, frozen bananas for 'ice cream', or with a little soy milk plus cinnamon for an after-workout drink. 

Here's a great resource for all things tumeric!

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/turmeric/