Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone buy RX from Canada?

I take Eliquis, we have health insurance so my out of pocket is around $250.  It's a lot but not a problem.  If I were in a position in which I was self pay, I would seriously consider buying it from Canada.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same spot. My cobra runs out at the end of the month and I was diagnosed with afib in june. I now have to pay out of pocket for xerelto.

Esteemed Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

For those that buy, would you tell me the name of the pharmacy you use? Also, do you use RX insurance? That would mean having a deductible, and that defeats my purpose. Thank you for your help. Smiley Happy

Canadian pharmacies do not accept US insurance, medicare, medicaid or discount cards like Good RX.

Esteemed Contributor

I did years ago and no problem with medication. Was so much cheaper at the time.

Contributor

I use youdrugstore. I believe it is all one word.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my son was younger he was on a medication that was not approved in the US primarily because the drug company was battling regulatory agencies.   It was approved  in every country but ours. When it was not available we did obtain it from a  pharmacy, Claymans.  His doctor from Boston Children's Hospital faxed in the script and it was shipped to us. However I flew to Canada for his first script (praying I did not get detained at the border) as we could not wait for it to arrive via the mail. Often Customs slows the process. We has no choice as there was no alternative medication for his condition.   I would have gone to the ends of the Earth to get the meds he needed.  When it finally obtained approval in the US the medication was $700/month compared to $25 USD from Canada.  We continued to get the needed meds in Canada. Thankfully as he grew older his condition resolved and we no longer needed it!