Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Does The Cold Bother Your Knee Replacement?

@kismet wrote:

Had both of my knees replace almost 10 years ago and no problem with pain when it gets cold.  For those that haven't had their surgery a year out I can remember it took about a year before my knees really felt healed.  it does get better. No stiffness in the morning or later.  The only downside of the surgery is having to take antibiotics before certain procedures. 

@kismet 

Your post is pretty much the same as I have been told by numerous TKR patients. The 1 year mark seems to be the point where they say that they have completely turned the corner and feel fully recovered.  

Always like seeing positive comments from those that actually have experienced a medical procedure that addresses the specific topic of a thread that appears here in the Wellness Forum.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Re: Does The Cold Bother Your Knee Replacement?

Thanks.  Another thing is every one advances on the knee bend at a different pace.  I was 120 in a month at PT and a woman that was in her 3rd month was at 120.  Everyone is different so it's not good to compare.  It seems even as the months go on that the knee gets even better just moving and living life.