New Contributor

Anyone use CBD oil for pain relief? Plz recommend....

Contributor

Re: Does CBD oil work for pain?

I have had wonderful experience with CBD oil.  I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and the pain gets really bad.  I am taking anticonvulsants, but still have break through pain.  The CBD oil takes care of the break through pain.  My niece has Fibromyalgia and was going to a pain management clinic.  She researched the CBD oil and found 5000 mg oil, she said she is completely off of all medication and feels good.  She said she takes smaller doses about 3-4 times a day.  Some of the chiropractors in our area are starting to carry it both in the oil and salve.  Note, the higher mg oil you can find, you have to take less to control the pain.  It's expensive, but worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elenora, I use it every day and would not be without it.  Do your research if you are interested in getting CBD products.  I use both the oil and the gel, and sometimes I get the pills.  Most important is where you purchase the products.  I get them from a compounding pharmacy and they are the highest level of CBD--expensive but worth every penny.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

My husband takes two CBD gummies 180 mg each every day and he said that it greatly reduces his back pain, he has three ruptured disks and never slows down. He also told me he doesn't have any bad side effects from the gummies.

Valued Contributor

It must be 500 mg.

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

Yes it does help. I used it when I had Shingles it helped. I don't think anything can get rid of the Shingles pain completely.

Do your homework. Know what you are buying. You don't want anything full of chemicals.

I chose to vape it when I used it. I bought Vape Bright Thrive. I look for one without the PG or VG, extraction method, lab results etc.

Trusted Contributor

My husband just made his first purchase of lotion today (80%).  He is using it on his back and knees.  I'll let you know what he thinks.

Honored Contributor

We have an elderly friend 91 years old, his only health issue is pain relating to shingles....15 years of pain.  He has been to the VA and they have tried everything they know to do...he has also been in a couple of studies, the pain persists.

He is currently trying the CBD, pill form under the tongue, so far no relief.

His pain is horribe, walks hunched over.....we feel really bad for him.

Honored Contributor

I bought some of the oil a while back and was wondering - is part of the therapy that you have to take it every day? 

I've tried it about 3 times without any effect.  But those times were split up and not on a daily basis. 

I have the 500.

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased online and always at 600.  Right now, I get Pro CBD oil from a compounding pharmacy, which is much more potent without needing a prescription.

For the most part, it needs to be used daily, and I use it whenever I have pain.  If I have a headache, I rub the oil or gel into my temples and headache is usually gone in about 5 minutes.  For my knees (front and back), I always use the Pro and massage it in until I can feel it getting very warm.  I also will use the liquid under my tongue.  It is not meant to be swallowed but allow the oil to seep into the skin under the tongue.

Always research the company that you are buying from.  There is a list online of the 5 best companies and why they were chosen.   Also, not everyone benefits from extra-strength and it may take some time to find exactly what works.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!