Honored Contributor

Re: Does CBD oil work for pain?

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have purchased online and always at 600.  Right now, I get Pro CBD oil from a compounding pharmacy, which is much more potent without needing a prescription.

For the most part, it needs to be used daily, and I use it whenever I have pain.  If I have a headache, I rub the oil or gel into my temples and headache is usually gone in about 5 minutes.  For my knees (front and back), I always use the Pro and massage it in until I can feel it getting very warm.  I also will use the liquid under my tongue.  It is not meant to be swallowed but allow the oil to seep into the skin under the tongue.

Always research the company that you are buying from.  There is a list online of the 5 best companies and why they were chosen.   Also, not everyone benefits from extra-strength and it may take some time to find exactly what works.

Thank You for all that info!   I'm in pain in numerous areas of my body, every single day, but I like to just take/use something on days when the pain is the worst (I have a pretty high tolerance for pain AND for meds), so that I have relief for a few hours and can do more things.

At the amount it costs, I think it would cost a ton to use it every day, so that's a shame.   Whenever I can just have some good narcotic pain meds on hand I think that's what works best for me.  Being that I'm VERY practical, I just take something every now and then so I can enjoy a few hours of feeling normal and even kind of good.

We also have legal weed in my state so sometimes I use that.  It probably doesn't make most pain go away, although I think my hands feel better and less inflammed, but I think it just puts you on a different plane in your brain where it's not bothering you at the time.  Smiley Happy     Plus it seems to help me with anxiety, depression, and PTSD, so that's priceless.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it.

hn

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt, you are correct that it can be costly, but the liquid form that you get online does last at least a month or more for most people.  If you have severe pain, you might need to take 2 vials under your tongue to start working on the pain.  If you are able to get the Pro, it is very thick and one usually does the trick, but not always.  The Pro is very expensive, so I usually have a 600 bottle on hand.  

Can you get the liquid or gel forms in your state?  It is not legal here, except for medical, and that is very expensive.  We only have one doctor in the northern part of our state, and it is $200 just to walk in the door, no guarantee of a prescription.  Also needed is the family doctor must agree, and then a card is issued for one year to get into the dispensary.  I don't know if that is how medical is done in all states.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@chickenbutt, you are correct that it can be costly, but the liquid form that you get online does last at least a month or more for most people.  If you have severe pain, you might need to take 2 vials under your tongue to start working on the pain.  If you are able to get the Pro, it is very thick and one usually does the trick, but not always.  The Pro is very expensive, so I usually have a 600 bottle on hand.  

Can you get the liquid or gel forms in your state?  It is not legal here, except for medical, and that is very expensive.  We only have one doctor in the northern part of our state, and it is $200 just to walk in the door, no guarantee of a prescription.  Also needed is the family doctor must agree, and then a card is issued for one year to get into the dispensary.  I don't know if that is how medical is done in all states.

Hi!  Sorry for the delay in responding, as I hadn't seen this thread lately.

I don't know what we have here.  Maybe next time I go to the weed store I could see what all they have.    I don't have any doctors but, since it's fully legal here, you can probably get the other products like oils, etc, with no problem.    You don't need any doctor rx or anything like that, which works out well for me.  Smiley Happy   I am always very good about making sure I know what I'm doing, as far as researching different products.

The little bottle of oil I got a short while back I just ordered online.

Thanks for all the info.  It's very valuable and I appreciate it very much.

Respected Contributor

@Tribesters, has your Dad tried CBD oil for his knee pain? 

Trusted Contributor

@ Montana

No- I’ve never heard of it. Willing to give anything a try. Where do you get it? 

Respected Contributor

@Tribesters, I have never used it myself, but other QVC community members have. Perhaps someone could help?

Honored Contributor

My SIL gets it off Amazon.com but I have no idea which one she uses. She claims it works.

Trusted Contributor

The last two times I had a massage, my girl used the CBD oil and it made a huge effect.  She gave me the name of a distrubutor here in Maine and I was going to try and order some for myself.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you very much for this information!  I have fibromyalgia since a surgery. There seems to be a connection between developing fibromyalgia after the trauma of a surgery. Not severe pain but enough to affect what I am able to do a lot of days. It really can be a downer. I will research this and hope to try it out soon.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.