Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know if Noel Had Her Surgery

Does any one know how long she was banned for?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I hope it isn't a permanent ban  @goldensrbest.. I contacted my friend Gloria, and she told me to be careful. They threatened to ban her for sticking up for me, and questioning them, so I would tread cautiously 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind sticking up for Noel.   If the mods want to take a look at my ordering history and see what a loyal customer I've been...I'm willing to go out on a limb and ask that they give her back her ability to post here. 

Just a few minutes ago, I saw someone who has often been mean to posters here (including me)...going on with her usual harsh insults.  I know that in comparison, Noel is the much kinder, more considerate poster.  

Respected Contributor

Wow...I just finished reading through this thread and it's sad to see that some things never change.  I've enjoyed posting thru the years with Noel on several forums.....I always had a soft spot for her.  I don't understand why people can't learn to disagree without making it personal.... and to the person(s) complaining that Noel always had the have the last word...well...gosh golly gee....would it have been so hard to just let it happen..let her continue...and simply move on if you were done with the conversation?  

Anyways...I hope QVC recinds this decision.

@Cakers3I really hope you reconsider.  (Keeping you and your son in my prayers)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@LTT1 @beckyb1012 @MJ12 @GingerPeach@ms traditional @Cakers3 @september@Ms tyrion2 @dulwich @newziesuzie @goldensrbest @cherry @123SuzyQ123 @Trinity11 @JaneMarple @proudlyfromNJ @Free2be @Mmsfoxxie @SilleeMee @reiki604 @Pliqueajour @Justice4all @pitdakota @tansy @hckynut@ @nancy drew1 @chickenbutt @RoughDraft @dex @Greeneyedlady21 @bikerbabe@ @onthebay

Hi again,

In case you didn’t see my previous note, I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. Mom has loved hearing all of them. You all have been a wonderful support system and great friends. She misses you very much. I thank you for all that you’ve done.

Noel’s Kid

Aw, thanks @NoelSeven/Noel's kid!   We have had so many nice chats together, often about somewhat serious topics (as allowed by this board) but we also shared our thoughts on things such as what we were buying at Trader Joes!    

And as already pointed out by a few other posters...most of us also shop here at QVC.  I would think our long time status as being good customers, should come into play in deciding the "banning issue".  I know that many of the posters who I think need to get the boot, are the ones who brag that they never purchase anything from QVC. 

You aren't serious, right?

How much someone spends at QVC should have nothing to do with what they do or don't get away with on the forums. That would be like buying your right to speak and be heard here. 

Most people who post here go off the rails now and then, depending on the topic. Sometimes we get busted for it, sometimes we don't. Life isn't fair. If she was indeed banned perhaps the posts that caused that action have been removed, so we don't really have all the information. Perhaps it was a 'mistake'. Either way, it will iron itself out if she wants it to and requests to come back.

I hope Noel is experiencing a speedy recovery and feeling as well as possible under the circumstances.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I respect the moderators for doing their job (a difficult one). Her pages of constant quoting of posters was ridiculous. Going on and on about surveys and studies which are pointless was a joke. Anyone knows that polls, surveys, and studies can all be skewed. They are often meaningless, thankfully I'm not one to believe everything I hear or read. If she is allowed back she had better clean up her act. Hopefully, she has learned a lesson.

We all deal with pain, sorrow, and heartbreak.

@RetRN,  I'll take a poster who enjoys research to back up what she states any day over irrational or emotional unsupported opinions.  In fact, I will miss her doing all the footwork for the rest of us. I found her sources to be credible and informative.

As for your thought that data can be skewed and is often meaningless, that is often the opinion of someone who disagrees with the said data. I'd suggest that if you don't believe what someone posts, it's usually quite easy to fact check it or to counter it with your own credible source.

In any case, there is no guideline against that limits the quoting of other posters or against posting surveys, polls, and studies to our heart's content. Uninterested posters can just skip over it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@september wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@LTT1 @beckyb1012 @MJ12 @GingerPeach@ms traditional @Cakers3 @september@Ms tyrion2 @dulwich @newziesuzie @goldensrbest @cherry @123SuzyQ123 @Trinity11 @JaneMarple @proudlyfromNJ @Free2be @Mmsfoxxie @SilleeMee @reiki604 @Pliqueajour @Justice4all @pitdakota @tansy @hckynut@ @nancy drew1 @chickenbutt @RoughDraft @dex @Greeneyedlady21 @bikerbabe@ @onthebay

Hi again,

In case you didn’t see my previous note, I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. Mom has loved hearing all of them. You all have been a wonderful support system and great friends. She misses you very much. I thank you for all that you’ve done.

Noel’s Kid

Aw, thanks @NoelSeven/Noel's kid!   We have had so many nice chats together, often about somewhat serious topics (as allowed by this board) but we also shared our thoughts on things such as what we were buying at Trader Joes!    

And as already pointed out by a few other posters...most of us also shop here at QVC.  I would think our long time status as being good customers, should come into play in deciding the "banning issue".  I know that many of the posters who I think need to get the boot, are the ones who brag that they never purchase anything from QVC. 

How much someone spends at QVC should have nothing to do with what they do or don't get away with on the forums. That would be like buying your right to speak and be heard here. 

Most people who post here go off the rails now and then, depending on the topic. Sometimes we get busted for it, sometimes we don't. Life isn't fair. If she was indeed banned perhaps the posts that caused that action have been removed, so we don't really have all the information. Perhaps it was a 'mistake'. Either way, it will iron itself out if she wants it to and requests to come back.

I hope Noel is experiencing a speedy recovery and feeling as well as possible under the circumstances.

Yes, I'm serious.  A business should consider how it treats its good customers.  I'm a business owner and would give a little more leeway to a long-time customer who made a mistake, than to a non customer or a rather new one. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@september wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi again,

Noel’s Kid

Yes, I'm serious.  A business should consider how it treats its good customers.  I'm a business owner and would give a little more leeway to a long-time customer who made a mistake, than to a non customer or a rather new one. 

@september you care about Noel and all the posters here that is very easy to see.  But after being a Q. shopper for many years I stopped back in March 2011 was my last order from them.  So here I am a non Q. shopper so I would hope if I follow the rules they would respect me and treat me as well as anyone else.  The Q. is fine for those who want to shop with them, but I got so tired of broken items being delivered that after three of them in a row I said no more. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew   @LTT1@beckyb1012@Mj12 @GingerPeach @ms traditional @Cakers3

@september @Ms tyrion2 @dulwich @newziesuzie@goldensrbest @cherry

@suzyQ3@123SuzyQ123 @Trinity11 @JaneMarple @proudlyfromNJ @Free2be

@Mmsfoxxie @SilleeMee@reiki604 @Pliqueajour@Justice4all @pitdakota

@tansy@hckynut@chickenbutt@RoughDraft @dex @Greeneyedlady21

@bikerbabe@straykatz@onthebay

All those in the group I copied and others interested Hi everyone. I haven't been a member long but I hope it's ok that I post my thoughts. It's been nice to see how long established posters Noel7, Cakers, Moonchilde, PlaidPants have a history with many posters and I could feel a real friendship they had, and like it was said the information shared sometimes was important to others' health and welfare. Even life-saving. These posters I listed also gave us what I found (doing my own checking) were usually reliable sources and data we could usually count on, plus interesting posts and they often started and interacted in their own threads about everything from fun topics (like decorating) to serious personal issues.

Since the moderator team doesn't make the rules, jmho but I was thinking that the people to contact are the ones who do make the rules, which would be the QVC main offices. Could someone please tell us the best way to do this? I get a feeling the rules have changed and why should we fear asking about this if we do it in a respectful and positive style?

I'm already sick on bed rest with pneumonia and this news about so many permanent bans and nice posters leaving because of them makes me feel worse. Sorry if my post bothers anyone.

Noel's Kid, I said a prayer for your Mom's health and for all this to be resolved.

💖

Frequent Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@september wrote:

@september you care about Noel and all the posters here that is very easy to see.  But after being a Q. shopper for many years I stopped back in March 2011 was my last order from them.  So here I am a non Q. shopper so I would hope if I follow the rules they would respect me and treat me as well as anyone else.  The Q. is fine for those who want to shop with them, but I got so tired of broken items being delivered that after three of them in a row I said no more. 

Some posters are former customers, some are PROSPECTIVE customers which should be important. Some people shop with another family member account (husband, wife etc) so I hope the moderators wouldn't think just the posters account and what they purchase from that one related account changes their value of their opinions and their worth on the boards. Smiley Sad