Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know if Noel Had Her Surgery

@Bri63  I just want people to be aware of this, if it happens to them. It is just a bolt out of the blue, and  there is nothing you can do about it.  There is nothing fair about the way they operate here at all

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN

I’m sure it was not your intent to sound rude and threatening “she better clean up her act.”  Many could learn a lesson in polite.  It is is still possible to skip posts one doesn’t like.

I always enjoyed @Noel7 ‘s thoughtful and insightful posts.  I was thrilled with every “heart” or reply she made to me.  Talking with a person who backs their comments with facts rather than emotions can really expand one’t Horizons!!!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It just seems so empty here, without her,  and Moonchilde, and Plaid Pants. They really kept things  going . I miss doobdoo as well

It sure does, i agree just not the same,i for one do not like it at all,just wrong,i did not always agree with them ,and we did have our moments between them,and myself , but missing them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I am sorry to hear that she was banned.  However, I can't even count the number of times - in response to a point I made - she said I was unable to read and comprehend, lacked education, was ignorant, etc. etc. - rather than simply explain why she thought I was wrong.  As an example on the thread about higher education, she insisted I was knocking college (which wasn't even remotely my point)  because I lacked a college education and was jealous.  (I have a masters, but oh well.)

None of these posts insulting me  were ever poofed - and I never reported them.   So I just assumed that the mods gave her a pass.

I guess she must have finally insulted the wrong person.

I also find it interesting that while she always claimed that she never reported posts, I've noticed since her absence that a lot of posts that would have been poofed in the past -(and that she would certainly object to since she would have a different view) haven't been lately.  Can't prove anything, but it is certainly interesting.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Aw, thanks @NoelSeven/Noel's kid!   We have had so many nice chats together, often about somewhat serious topics (as allowed by this board) but we also shared our thoughts on things such as what we were buying at Trader Joes!    

And as already pointed out by a few other posters...most of us also shop here at QVC.  I would think our long time status as being good customers, should come into play in deciding the "banning issue".  I know that many of the posters who I think need to get the boot, are the ones who brag that they never purchase anything from QVC. 

@september, I do not agree with this at all.  I don't think the fact that one spends a ton of money at QVC should allow them to be a jerk on the boards. The rules are for everyone, regardless of how much money they spend with QVC, return habits or whatever else it meas to be a good customer.

I'm not saying Noel was a jerk, because she wasn't, but one shouldn't be able to "buy" themselves out of a banning so to speak. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Yes, I'm serious.  A business should consider how it treats its good customers.  I'm a business owner and would give a little more leeway to a long-time customer who made a mistake, than to a non customer or a rather new one. 

I seriously doubt QVC bans anyone for a lengthy period of time on a first mistake.   

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I am sorry to hear that she was banned.  However, I can't even count the number of times - in response to a point I made - she said I was unable to read and comprehend, lacked education, was ignorant, etc. etc. - rather than simply explain why she thought I was wrong.  As an example on the thread about higher education, she insisted I was knocking college (which wasn't even remotely my point)  because I lacked a college education and was jealous.  (I have a masters, but oh well.)

None of these posts insulting me  were ever poofed - and I never reported them.   So I just assumed that the mods gave her a pass.

I guess she must have finally insulted the wrong person.

I also find it interesting that while she always claimed that she never reported posts, I've noticed since her absence that a lot of posts that would have been poofed in the past -(and that she would certainly object to since she would have a different view) haven't been lately.  Can't prove anything, but it is certainly interesting.

@Isobel Archer.  Re reporting posts. You can and will get banned for constant reporting. One poster has admitted it happening to her. 

I admit I have reported some, but am very careful not to report to many as it will result in banning. Maybe that's what happened.

Honored Contributor

It is all speculation whether Noel reported anyone. In fact, I think the posters who speak their mind here would have no real reason to report anyone because they don't lurk behind the scenes and pretend like all is well. They speak up and let the chips fall where they may.

Obvious to me that no one but posters of a particular political persuasion were banned. The us vs them is alive and well here and it always has been. Speak up to the wrong person here.....and a BAN is in your future.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for commenting, appears to be going off topic, also has ran it's course.