Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know if Noel Had Her Surgery

I remember when this whole free speech lockdown began- some idiot posted obscenities on every thread overnight!  Then the rules began to unroll, and many of the feistier posters left, one beginning a new site..This was the beginning of the blanding...........

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012.  Yes, I do care about Noel and some  of my comments concerned why I thought she should be allowed to continue to post here.  That said, I admit I perhaps don't know all the rules here, especially since they seem to change often!

I dont mean to continue taking this thread off track (although I wasn't the one who did, but I did reply).

I'd like to see this thread continue to be a support thread as well as an update thread, in case Noel's daughter wants to post here again.  So I won't comment again on this thread as to why I think long time customers are important, in different ways.  However, if someone wants to start a new thread, I'll be happy to discuss it there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7@NoelSeven

please write to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com to ask for an explanation and to ask for your posting privileges back. i have no idea how this happened to you.

i have only been banned twice and both times it was for less than a day. of course, i was told what i had done wrong and i did apologize for not following the rules posted.

in the meantime, hope you are feeling well, recuperating, and relaxing! noels kid, take good care of your mom please. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Geez @sunshine45

You're one of the last people I would think had ever been banned!

You're probably one of the most diplomatic posters on here.

I never see you grind someone down, who opposes your opinion or if you don't agree with theirs.

I enjoy your posts across the board.

That said, I'm sorry to hear of Noel's latest health issues.  Knowing when she is hurting--tugs at my heart.  Always.Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

thank you so much @Lucky Charm.....that is really kind of you to say!  Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

thank you so much @Lucky Charm.....that is really kind of you to say!  Smiley Happy

I am positive that many people here feel the same way I do about you. 

I'm actually glowing because I got the opportunity to tell you.  I'm not kidding!

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I am sad about this. Maybe the mods could give a warning “as one more and you will be permanently banned”. I don’t see every post of course but IMO Noel and Plaid pants should be given another chance. 

@Nancy Drew.   I think that's a good idea. 

I think so too.

I participate pretty actively on another forum, and they do give warnings before banning posters. They also explain exactly why.  I was once banned for 24 hours, and I felt that I was treated respectfully by the mod who contacted me.  It seemed much more fair to me than the arbitrary banning here that seems to be up to the whim of one mod or another, with apparently no explanation given.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@september wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@LTT1 @beckyb1012 @MJ12 @GingerPeach@ms traditional @Cakers3 @september@Ms tyrion2 @dulwich @newziesuzie @goldensrbest @cherry @123SuzyQ123 @Trinity11 @JaneMarple @proudlyfromNJ @Free2be @Mmsfoxxie @SilleeMee @reiki604 @Pliqueajour @Justice4all @pitdakota @tansy @hckynut@ @nancy drew1 @chickenbutt @RoughDraft @dex @Greeneyedlady21 @bikerbabe@ @onthebay

Hi again,

In case you didn’t see my previous note, I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. Mom has loved hearing all of them. You all have been a wonderful support system and great friends. She misses you very much. I thank you for all that you’ve done.

Noel’s Kid

Aw, thanks @NoelSeven/Noel's kid!   We have had so many nice chats together, often about somewhat serious topics (as allowed by this board) but we also shared our thoughts on things such as what we were buying at Trader Joes!    

And as already pointed out by a few other posters...most of us also shop here at QVC.  I would think our long time status as being good customers, should come into play in deciding the "banning issue".  I know that many of the posters who I think need to get the boot, are the ones who brag that they never purchase anything from QVC. 

You aren't serious, right?

How much someone spends at QVC should have nothing to do with what they do or don't get away with on the forums. That would be like buying your right to speak and be heard here. 

Most people who post here go off the rails now and then, depending on the topic. Sometimes we get busted for it, sometimes we don't. Life isn't fair. If she was indeed banned perhaps the posts that caused that action have been removed, so we don't really have all the information. Perhaps it was a 'mistake'. Either way, it will iron itself out if she wants it to and requests to come back.

I hope Noel is experiencing a speedy recovery and feeling as well as possible under the circumstances.

Yes, I'm serious.  A business should consider how it treats its good customers.  I'm a business owner and would give a little more leeway to a long-time customer who made a mistake, than to a non customer or a rather new one. 

@september you care about Noel and all the posters here that is very easy to see.  But after being a Q. shopper for many years I stopped back in March 2011 was my last order from them.  So here I am a non Q. shopper so I would hope if I follow the rules they would respect me and treat me as well as anyone else.  The Q. is fine for those who want to shop with them, but I got so tired of broken items being delivered that after three of them in a row I said no more. 

I agree!

I was a VERY dedicated QVC viewer and shopper for decades.  Now I rarely buy anything from QVC because I find better deals elsewhere.  But I participate in these forums and I enjoy them, and I've never been banned.  I don't love the Community Standards, but I'm well aware of what they are, and I'm well aware that by posting here I am agreeing to stay within those guidelines.

I would really hate to think that the criteria for banning me should be any different than someone else who regularly buys from QVC.  The standards should not be any different for a poster who bought a $3000 ring this afternoon than they are for me.  QVC certainly can reward good customers in other ways, but these are forums and the rules re standards should be absolutely the same for everyone.  Otherwise, people are buying their right to be abusive and nasty to others, to discuss topics that are off-limits, etc.  QVC has Community Standards for a reason.  Allowing avid QVC buyers to circumvent those standards is counterproductive to having the kind of forums that QVC obviously wants.

(And I'm not "bragging" that I rarely buy from QVC.  I'm stating a fact about my own buying habits.  Yes, probably some people who don't buy from QVC have broken the rules here, but so have many people who are very good QVC customers.)

Esteemed Contributor

Adding my best wishes for Noel, Moonchilde, and Plaid Pants, among others!.  I do wish there was a way we could all reach out to each other privately, exactly for times like these.

Good health and happiness to all of them!  I hope they can all return soon.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, I had no idea this was going on. 🙁 reading through this whole thread right now made me sad. Although it is great to see so many supporters. Add me to the group of well wishers for Noel. I know I'm not a wide-spread poster, I kinda stick to the Pets and Friends forums, so I don't see everything that goes on, but I've never seen anything that should bring on a ban, except for one night when someone started 10 or more very strange/scary topics...(im afraid to even say part of it) but they were gone before I could finish sending the report inappropriate content message.

I admit as a Christian, I sometimes want to share more than just a "I'm praying for you" message, but I don't want to cross the religious line. One time I posted a scripture and nothing happened, another time I posted a scripture and within minutes it was deleted. I was angered by it, made a brief post referencing the deletion, and that one was deleted too. I've tried to be more careful since. I suppose it depends on who the "on duty" mod is at the time someone reports a particular post as offensive. (Just my musing mind, might not be true)

Anyway, God bless you, @Noel7 and @NoelSeven 

Get well soon and may the truth set you free. ❤