Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Here Have This Scale?

We need a new bathroom scale. Our old one is like, "Maybe you weigh this?" Step on it a few seconds later and it says, "No, maybe you weigh this." Arrrg!

This one is top rated but I don't get the design. Are you supposed to stand with your feet tightly together in the tiny center or are the looks deceiving?

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Here Have This Scale?

NoelSeven, I have this one and am very happy with it. You can stand on the entire surface of the scale so there is not problem with trying to fit your feet into a small area. I've had mine for several years and it has been reliable. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is that they don't want you to move it too much because it messes with the calibration. I found a spot in my bathroom where it just sits and exits until I need to move it to clean under it. I think you will be happy with your purchase. FYI, Amazon sells it for around $28-$30 which I think is a good price for a decent scale.

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 nc girl said:

NoelSeven, I have this one and am very happy with it. You can stand on the entire surface of the scale so there is not problem with trying to fit your feet into a small area. I've had mine for several years and it has been reliable. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is that they don't want you to move it too much because it messes with the calibration. I found a spot in my bathroom where it just sits and exits until I need to move it to clean under it. I think you will be happy with your purchase. FYI, Amazon sells it for around $28-$30 which I think is a good price for a decent scale.

Thank you so much, nc girl! It gets such high marks, and I did just order it from Amazon.

I'd forgotten the new scales don't want you to move them much, but I have to. There really isn't a convenient place in the bathroom or bedroom to leave it out, someone is always tripping over it. I keep mine in the bedroom, up against a chest of drawers then push it out to weigh myself.

I'll try to be very careful. Again, I appreciate your response!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noel,

We have this scale and do indeed have a calibration issue. That issue equates to me weighing 6 more pounds at the doctor's office than at home. I prefer my weight at home. LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 sfnative said:

Hi Noel,

We have this scale and do indeed have a calibration issue. That issue equates to me weighing 6 more pounds at the doctor's office than at home. I prefer my weight at home. LOL!

Hi sf! Smile

Oh, yeah! I weigh 4 pounds more on the doctor's scale. It really is clothing and shoes for the most part. Plus I weigh first thing in the morning, but by the time I get to the doctor, it's usually after breakfast, lunch and several cups of tea, so I don't worry about it, LOL!

Super Contributor

I have a Tanita scale I bought years ago from QVC which calculates BMI, too. Ilike that feature because often my weight doesn't change much but my tone and measurements do, and this supports that. You program in your height and gender.

Because of the sensitivity of the scale you mentioned, I think some of these same "rules" would apply: It should always be kept in the same spot (hard surface, not on carpet) so the calibration doesn't get disturbed. We keep it in the bathroom and they say to weigh yourself BEFORE you take your shower as the steam generated can add to your weight, it is that sensitive. Air pressure also affects it and I can tell the weather by what I weigh in the morning before even looking out the window.

I like the look of this one. Very sleek and modern. Hope you enjoy it.

Valued Contributor

I have this one also and love it. Got it from Amazon a few years ago

Honored Contributor

I bought a WW scale at BJs a month ago for $14, and it came with a free year's subscription to WW magazine, so the whole deal was almost free, AND it's a great scale!
Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your input! Smile

I ordered the scale from Amazon and received it the next day. I opened it yesterday and got it set to go.

Now I just have to figure out where to put it so no one will trip over it and the cats won't land on it. I may not be able to come up with the perfect place, but will have to take my chances.

Crossing my fingers...