Esteemed Contributor

Re: Doctors find 27 contact lenses in woman's eye!!!

@Moonchilde wrote:

I hope anyone that st**id didn't reproduce.

I have a friend who says, "you can't fix stupid!"

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I don't wear contacts, but don't know how this is even possible!!!  Wouldn't they be thick in her eye?  I read this yesterday and can't even understand how someone could forget to remove a contact, let alone 27, before putting another in?  "The patient chalked her condition up to OLD AGE???"  The woman is only 67 years old!  I think this woman should stick with wearing glasses.

LOL it says she has "deep-set eyes", as if more will fit in the socket somehow. That is whacked. I have deep-set eyes, wore contacts in my younger days, and you know they're in there.

It's SO easy to get corneal abrasions from contacts. I had a slightly ulcerated abrasion once (piece of mascara) and it was excruciating every time I blinked for 48 hours. I took great care that it never happened again.

Eejit woman. I'm 67 for 4 more days and I can't even imagine chalking that up to "old age" at 67.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow I just read another report on this and it said the contacts were found under her eyelid NOT on her eye as previously indicated. That I can almost understand. She said when she went to remove it she couldn't find it so she thought she had lost it. But still...

Honored Contributor

I wear contacts and I can't imagine not knowing you have more that one contact in. You would not be able to see, the prescription just wouldn't work.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow I just read another report on this and it said the contacts were found under her eyelid NOT on her eye as previously indicated. That I can almost understand. She said when she went to remove it she couldn't find it so she thought she had lost it. But still...

27 TIMES?????

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

My friend is a nurse in the ER of a large hospital.  You would not believe the stories she has. Really. You would not. 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

My friend is a nurse in the ER of a large hospital.  You would not believe the stories she has. Really. You would not. 

Once upon a time I worked in Radiology. The things that go in but don't come out are mind-boggling.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Surely she's had an eye exam in the past 35 years.

Don't you need an eye exam to keep your prescription going?

This is ridiculous.

You would think after the first 1 or2, or 10 or 12 someone would notice.

Respected Contributor

She's really lucky she didn't get an infection from all that mess in her eye & lose her sight!

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

So true....I used to working the billing department of a large hospital....I would have to read part of the ER reports on what I was submitting to insurance and it is truly some unbelieveable stuff people are doing LOL!