Honored Contributor

Doctors appointment today...yay

• I am getting ready to find out if my fractured foot has healed enough to get back into my daily routine.I have been sitting for six weeks and my butt is sore.I can hardly wait to just enjoy having good feet to take me places.I used to wish for all kinds of body improvements but having all of this sitting time has made me realize that working feet is the key to my happiness.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Doctors appointment today...yay

@dex I hope your doc appt goes well today and that your fractures are on the mend. Like me I am sure you are going nuts sitting for long periods of time and have "cabin fever" Since my legs no longer function much at all I am having trouble accepting this "new chapter" but am doing my best to keep going. I am now in the process of having to accept going into an electric wheelchair but I hope to get to the acceptance that this is better then being bedridden. Let me know how things went at the docs. Feel free to contact me anytime. Big Hugs to you and my wishes for your rapid healing. xoxoxoxoxox Stormy

Trusted Contributor

@dex  Good luck !!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Whatnow, how well I understand your frustration, and your hope that your foot is "ready to go" again.  Here's hoping you get great news at the doc's and are ready to zoom!

Honored Contributor

Stormygirl123, I so admire your attitude in the face of this challenge.  Thinking of you and hoping for the best.  There is so much quiet courage in the world-- I salute yours.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Stormygirl123, I so admire your attitude in the face of this challenge.  Thinking of you and hoping for the best.  There is so much quiet courage in the world-- I salute yours.

Quiet Courage...what a beautiful sentiment and so fitting for those that face true physical challenges and yet persevere. Well said and Stormygirl123, well done. Continue to fight the good fight. I wish you well.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl@Just got home and the doc said another two weeks and I should be good to go.Thanks for your concern about me but now about you.I think you are a brave amazing woman and I so wish that there was something out there that could help you with your health problems..I know you have pain so I am assuming that you have weakness too.Have you ever thought of reiki or accupuncture?I hope that you decide to get that motorized scooter so that you can be mobile again.I have so much understanding now about what it is like to be shut in,what you refer to as cabin fever,there has to be a way for you to get some independance and freedom back into your life at least occasionally.I don't know if you feel worried that people will see your weakness and that is stopping you from getting the scooter.I can tell you that since I have become a hobbler,people I encounter go out of their way to be kind and helpful.I almost feel spoiled and it has been a nice surprise to find all of this kindness and caring.I guess it is always there but people just have to feel that you need it.

i have to go right now but I will get back.xxxxx000000000huge hugs