Honored Contributor

I would love a doctor with a sense of humor like that especially when in pain or having a serious issue.  I have issues with doctors who don't have a sense of humor and just give you that superior stare and are all business.       

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols 

Wrong about what? Ya lost me!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

laughter is always good medicine.

Honored Contributor

OP, and why are you all out of sorts? A doctors remark? It didn't sound bad to me. Perhaps you lost your sense of humor amid your distress. He treated your pain and isn't that what you went there for? 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols 

It is obvious you are uncomfortable with this doctor.  By all means change doctors.

This doctor did nothing inappropriate.  He was not laughing AT you or making light of your pain.

Honored Contributor

He was laughing at your clever words, @Boomernichols , not at your discomfort.  It was a compliment to you.

I understand you were probably in too much pain and not in a mood to appreciate that, but upon reflection, I trust you will.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Hi @Boomernichols   I've been told I could go into comedy because of the way I describe things sometimes.  Over the years I've managed to make a few doctors laugh with the way I describe a situation I'm experiencing. 

So many patients visit doctors and have a difficult time explaining how something hurts.  Your description was to the point and very accurate (as far as I'm concerned) and it's possible the doctor had never heard it described that way before and he found it refreshing that you were able to communicate it so clearly.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Doctor laughed out loud

[ Edited ]

"Refreshing" -- I like your choice of word, @Bird mama 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  These doctors are so caught up in medical jargon sometimes we just have to break it down for them and make it simple for them to understand.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Geezz, he was only joking.  I worked in doctors offices for 20 plus years and when we could make a patient laugh it was a good day.

Sorry about your pain, bursitis is painful.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)