Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@LilacTree

I truly feel for you and have admiration for your courage and strength.  Suffering chronic panic is very draining -- not only physically, but mentally.  And as we begin to advance more in years, we really do not always have the ability to make trips that are farther aways from us to seek different opinions, or the financial ability either.  At times its hard for younger, healthier, people to understand this.  There comes a time when we find more comfort and peace in doing what we can and just trying to make the most of it.  Its stressful enough as it it.  

AngelPuppy1, I just saw your post and apologize for not responding sooner.  Thank you for your understanding and empathy.  I do have an appointment with another new rheumatologist at the end of October, this one recommended by my GP.  Yes, over two months is how long I have to wait to see this doctor.  There are not many docs who specialize in RA.  I don't think it's a money-making specialty because there is only one treatment.  

They do not do research on cures for any autoimmune diseases (and others).  I don't think they know what works and what doesn't even for treatments . . . it's all guesswork.

But I guess I will try one more.  If this one only has one recommendation (biologics), then she will join the list I wrote about in an earlier post. 

Anyway, thanks again, and sorry for the belated response. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986