Honored Contributor

I wear sunglasses all the time, even on cloudy days. I have read that even on those days you should protect your eyes.

I know people that never wear them, even on the sunniest of days.

I always wonder if they know sunglasses protect eyes from damage and the suns rays and eye conditions.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Yes!  Prescription ones.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Mine are prescription also.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Until this month, I had worn prescription photo-gray bifocals for the past 30 or so years.

Now - I'm wearing progressive lenses and fit-overs from Foster Grant via QVC.  Working out really well.  I've worked out a "system" and can flip them to the top of my head indoors and then back down outside.

Honored Contributor

Over the years I used to wear contacts and regular glasses. I even tried bi-focal contacts.  I didn't need correction to read (still don't) so they were circle bi-focal contacts.

They had correction and circle that was plain.  My brain would adjust to whichever I needed.  Then I decided to stop wearing them.  Too much trouble.

Now I just wear the sunglasses when I need them.  At night (which isn't that often as I don't drive much at night) I'll wear regular glasses for distance while driving.

My Dr told me that for years my eyesight got better she said probably because I didn't wear the glasses much....who knows.

I'm just beginning to need them sometimes to read very, very (and another very) small print.  Even then I can often figure out the writing.

I need to get my eyes checked before I get a new license by the end of the year.  Just one more thing I put off...ugh!

Honored Contributor

All the time, winter, summer, spring, fall, sunny, cloudy, raining, snowing . . . I’d probably wear them in a tornado!

I have very intense blue eyes and could never stand bright lights of any kind.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear sunglasses?

[ Edited ]

Yep, I do wear my sunglasses all the time....back in the 80's I worked in an area without windows and with florescent lighting.  Over time, my eyes were affected and they also became very sensitive to light.  I ended up having to get prescription  progressive bi-focal glasses that were tinted and also evolved into using prescription bi-focal sunglasses all year outdoors, cloudy or not; sometimes I wore indoors if there was too much artificial light. It was expensive but I found aviator frames for my sunglassses in the 80's and used them for years.  As those years progresssed, my eyes changed due to work environment and florescent lighting changes. Eventually I developed a cataract in my weakest eye and 3 yrs ago had surgery.  Corrected my eye so well that I no longer needed prescription glasses but I still use regular non-prescription sunglasses all the time.  Finding the Prive Reveaux sunglasses couple years ago has made aviator glasses easy to find and reasonably priced.

Respected Contributor

Yes. When I am in the car. 

Respected Contributor

Yes.I have at least one pair on my head at all times, except for showering and sleeping .

Honored Contributor
Fit-overs and also a pair that came with my prescription glasses (they clip on for a perfect fit)