Valued Contributor

YES!!!! I wear them  daily. I have several pairs in my purse-lighter lens and dark lens in my Ray Bans. Plus,fit overs when I wear my glasses in early evening. They help stave off cataracts in your older years as told to  me at my last eye exam.

Honored Contributor

I almost always wear sunglasses.  My eyes are sensitive and they tend to water when in bright light.

Honored Contributor

Sunny days - yes, cloudy days - nope...overkill.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wear them all year. They cut down on glare on cloudy days. 

Esteemed Contributor

There used to be a poster here who replied to the same topic about 10 years ago.  She and I live in the same city.  We have many gray and drizzly days, so many people do not tend to wear sunglasses on those grey days.

The came the day for her to have an eye exam with her ophthalmologist and she found out she had developed cataracts in both eyes.  Having no family history of early development of cataracts, her doc asked if she wore sunglasses at all or only on sunny days.  She said only on sunny days.  "A-ha," there's the issue.  He went on to tell her that the harmful rays make their way through the greyist of days, so she now wears them as prescribed, after her 2 cataract surgeries.

Valued Contributor

I am currently at my house near Venice. I always leave here a couple of fitover sunglasses. I couldn't find them,so I bought a normal pair of sunglasses.I placed an order for the Qvc Tsv of Foster Grant fitovers about 3 or 4 weeks ago. My daughters flew here from the States last week and brought them to me.

I feel much better now.Here in Italy they don't sell fitovers,they just have the clip -on dark lenses.

I can't use sunglasses unless the sun is bright while driving. I feel like I can't see the streets properly.

My daughters refused to wear sunglasses. ( they both wear glasses),until a few years ago when fitovers came in nice colors and shapes.

All our prescription glasses have transition lenses that get dark in the sun.

Respected Contributor

Living in the desert southwest, most days are extremely sunny and they are a necessity.  After having cataract surgery and not needing prescription glasses anymore, I treated myself to Maui Jims, most comfortable glasses I ever had.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

All the time, winter, summer, spring, fall, sunny, cloudy, raining, snowing . . . I’d probably wear them in a tornado!

I have very intense blue eyes and could never stand bright lights of any kind.

@LilacTree 

Same here. I wear sunlasses pretty much 365 days a year, no matter the weather.

I have blue eyes too, and am sensitive to bright lights.

I have heard that blue eyes do tend to be more sensitive to bright lights, but I don't know if that is actually true or not. 

I just know that it is true for me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.