Honored Contributor

Not protecting eyes from sun can cause cataracts and macular.  I wear sunglasses every day unless it is pouring rain and so dark out!

Why not try and protect eyes from things if you can I feel. 

When I see friends and family and other people not wearing them I always think they need to.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

Always....I have light eyes and they tend to be dry and s...

Always....I have light eyes and they tend to be dry and sesetive. I was told when I was very young to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. Once I leave the house in daylight, on they go !  Even on rainy and overcast days I have them on.  I got DH into the habit..both his Mom ans Gram had macular deg...they were also heavy smokers but I believe protecting the eyes is essential.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree   i DO THIS ALSO SUMMER, WINTER, FALL, SPRING, RAINING, SNOWING  ! UNLESS THE DAY IS SO DARK WITH POURING RAIN YOU CANT SEE.  I PROB WOULD WEAR IN A TORNADO TOO!!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I wear prescription sunglasses, all year and every day.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Yes I do, and pretty much all day time hours, rain or shine.  Polarized are my preference, and in several different styles.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear sunglasses?

[ Edited ]

If I go outside without sunglasses I cannot see a darn thing. LOL!!! My eyes are running so much I just cannot see.

Yes I always wear sunglasses. Even on those cloudy days I wear them which I hate wearing them when the suns not out because it's also harder to see but with my eyes running I don't have a choice. Eye doctor said I have photophobia.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs     I am a sunglasses wearer.  I have been for the last 30 years at least  I am almost 64 years of age.  I wear them  anytime I am outside or in the car... cloudy days... rainy days   snowy days ... of course sunny days.  

I have to say though... that even with wearing sunglasses   for years and eating a diet rich in antioxidants for the eyes  as well...... I still had cataract surgery at age 62 in both eyes.  My eyes are very healthy  mind you....... but I got cataracts.   Good thing is that now after cataract surgery I have better than 20/20 vision where before the surgery I was very very nearsighted!

So, I guess that perhaps wearing Sunglasses does not prevent cataracts.... or a healthy diet either .   I suppose it is more genetic perhaps when you get cataracts  and not something preventable.

A huge plus is that I do not have any wrinkles around my eyes... and besides wearing sunscreen also for the past 30 plus years.... I think the sunglasses have really detered my getting wrinkles around the eyes. So THAT is a very nice plus about sun glasses!

Respected Contributor

I do wear them when out walking and also driving. I actually hate sunglasses, they way the lay on my face and ruin my makeup where they touch my nose and they feel heavy. But I cannot stand the glare of a sunny day, I feel I will go blind.  This is why I switched to contact lenses. Hate the feel of glasses on my face for long periods of time.

Honored Contributor

Yes, when I go for walks.  Also, use my prescription sunglasses when driving.  Been wearing some type of sunglass when driving for many years.

Respected Contributor

i wear every day in sun, clouds, snow, rain too.  bright lights in stores bother my eyes so i wear them then too.