Super Contributor

Re: Do you try and use natural things?

yes I do seek out natural products, and began back in the 70's . I've learned that many chemicals are absorbed by the body, and if they're fat-soluable , they settle in the fatty tissue . There they stay ; they're not flushed out through the kidneys . Pesticides for instance, have been proven to cause cellular changes. I think we can figure the rest out. 

With so much information at our fingertips today , it's so easy to research products, learn and find info on safer ingredients. I also refuse to purchase products, that use animal testing. New advanced testing methods, have replaced many of the animal tests done in the past. 

Honored Contributor

Another one here who makes most of her own cleaners. 

Many products today are much more eco-friendly than years past, too, so that is a big plus if you take the time to read labels.

Personal products such as soap, toothpaste, etc. we do buy but also natural.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Yes, of course!  I always go for all natural, vegan, cruelty free products for everything from skin care to laundry detergent.  It's good for the Earth, good for me, good for my pets, and good for my home.  Natural products perform better too, and the quality of personal care items is so much better than the other stuff.  

Honored Contributor

Not really.   It would take to much time and effort.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, toxic free and cruelty free as much as possible.

Super Contributor

Plague is natural too.

Natural does not equate non-toxic.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

Plague is natural too.

Natural does not equate non-toxic.

@ChillyTulip  You are correct and you are not correct.  LOL

Basically natural without the organic seal can mean that the product CAN contain ingredients that may be disruptive to our system.

You might buy "natural" oils, e.g., but you don't know if the source came from a plant that was rotted out and pumped up to make the product more usable.  So even reading labels may not get you the whole picture.

People have to do their research.

However, I think I would stick with something like mouthwash that says "natural" than tussle with the plague.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh