Occasional Contributor

Do you try and use natural things?

[ Edited ]

I always try to use natural products for skincare, makeup, soap, dish liquid, cleaning products and anything that I can.

I even make my own DIY cleaning products sometimes using recipes online.

I feel that why not at least try to do what you can to avoid toxic things if possible.    Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

A few.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you try and use natural things?

[ Edited ]

I do  use natural for SOME THINGS... but I am not overall concerned to the point of say going totally organic or going totally vegan etc.   In my home cleaning supplies I only use non toxic chemical free cleaners for my pets. That is the one area I am a stickler about!

With my makeup, and face and body care... I do not worry about something being natural. I just use what works... and I find that the all natural stuff just is not as good. Plain and simple.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally closed my TD Bank account yesterday.  Some of you may remember my post in Electronics a couple of months ago when they were having so much trouble with their online banking website and I had no access to my money for well over a month.

Anyway, my live-in daughter has POA and she closed it out for me, not without a lot of confusion, as usual.  I waited so long because SS had suggested I not close it until they made their last automatic deposit, which was Wednesday.

How is that relevant here?  I asked my daughter if she was going to change her bank from TD Bank to PNC Bank and her response was:

"I'll have to research that first to see if they support fossil fuels."

I never would have thought of that!!  We live in an entirely different world than the one in which I grew up and got old.

(ETA:  Along with Temple University, PNC Bank is "fossil-free."  TD Bank is one of the three largest supporters of fossil fuels.)

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sometimes.

Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for you, @Jupiter Moon

It's not only good for you and your household, but good for our Earth.

I am not as diligent as you, but I try.  You're my new inspiration!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I always try to avoid toxic products.

Super Contributor

Kudos to you and your daughter. The world has certainly changed in only one generation. I'm happy to see that young people are so concerned and take action. Environmental concern/action was just beginning when I was that age. We have to hold those responsible for pollution and supporting it, by speaking with our dollars. Only then will they change .  v

@LilacTree wrote:

I finally closed my TD Bank account yesterday.  Some of you may remember my post in Electronics a couple of months ago when they were having so much trouble with their online banking website and I had no access to my money for well over a month.

Anyway, my live-in daughter has POA and she closed it out for me, not without a lot of confusion, as usual.  I waited so long because SS had suggested I not close it until they made their last automatic deposit, which was Wednesday.

How is that relevant here?  I asked my daughter if she was going to change her bank from TD Bank to PNC Bank and her response was:

"I'll have to research that first to see if they support fossil fuels."

I never would have thought of that!!  We live in an entirely different world than the one in which I grew up and got old.

(ETA:  Along with Temple University, PNC Bank is "fossil-free."  TD Bank is one of the three largest supporters of fossil fuels.)

Honored Contributor

I use some homemade cleaners,   they tend to be good ,also mostly natural laundry   detergent.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.