Esteemed Contributor

If so, what time and how long do you nap.  I have never never been able to sleep during the day but would like to.  My legs keep me awake some nights.  Any pointers? 

How does it affect you on the days you don't get to nap?  OK or difficult?  

Respected Contributor

I love a nap, especially on the weekends. Of course, someone has to ring the phone or knock on the door. (Happened yesterday!) Have you tried a recliner for napping? Sometimes people prefer that to a bed. Me? I can sleep anywhere. But I have a wing chair in my office (reclines) for a cat nap if I have a busy day. I take 20 min and feel a lot better. 

Trusted Contributor

No. I still work full time and there's no way I can even think of napping.

Our day starts at 4:45 when DH gets up to walk the dog and I feed the cats their breakfast. Once he comes back inside, he cleans out the dishwasher and does a quick kitchen clean-up while I head to the treadmill in the basement. A quick 3.5 miles on the treadmill, a quick litterbox scooping, a shower and I need to hit the office. He has to be to work at 6:45; I need to be in the office by 8:00, but usually get there around 7 for some quiet time before everybody else gets in.

I can't nap at lunch bc I come home to walk the dog. (She is DH's parents' dog, but she is now living with us.)

Come home from work, make dinner, clean up, and I'm usually in bed to watch the 10 news. I fall asleep, usually right after watching the weather. Mornings come early around here.

Some days are longer than others, but for the most part, we're OK with this schedule.

Esteemed Contributor

Wait until you get old.   I don,t dare sit on my couch during the day or I will fall asleep. Nothing wrong with naps, by so groggy when I wake up and then I don,t get my stuff done.  Usually busy all day.  Maybe when cold winter comes.

Honored Contributor

I can nap, occasionally. It isn't something I want to do regularly as I don't sleep well at night if I do.

I can't nap well in a bed. A recliner is best for me. And some of the most restful and deep sleep I ever have is during a nap in a recliner. I have to get at least an hour, or I'm grumpy and feel worse than if I had never napped at all. 

For me, reading is the surest way to fall asleep, so if reading makes you sleepy, try that before a nap.

Respected Contributor

I come from a long line of nappers. I do enjoy a nap, but I don't take one every day. These are my nap taking tips. It's totally different then going to bed. Don't get into bed. It makes me sleep too long & feel bad when I wake up. I am a side sleeper, but naps are done on my stomach. On top of the covers on my stomach, I lay short way across the bed with a book. I read about two pages, lay my head down on top of my hands & I nap. I don't know why it's so different than actually going to bed. I never thought about it until now. I can also lay on the couch & turn on the movie The War, with Kevin Costner. It's a really good movie, but every time I watch it, I fall asleep.

Regular Contributor

Every day @ 2PM for about 45 minutes.  For years and years I had to get up at 5:25 AM and even though I am now retired, I still cannot sleep much beyond 5AM.  I would suggest napping in recliner and I set my phone so that I do not sleep beyond 45 min.  If I do I feel sleepy the rest of the day.

Trusted Contributor

I get up about 2AM in every morning... by about 6AM I go back to bed until 9AM.. nap, watch TV and such... then I get up and start my day.

Super Contributor

Yes, I do take a nap.   Sit in my recliner and watch TV in the early afternoon, just doze off, usually only sleep half hour.   It does not affect me if I do not get a nap on other days.  Probably would not nap if I actually laid down in bed.

Esteemed Contributor

The only time I can sleep or nap during the day is when I am very ill. I can't sleep at night if I take naps.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.