Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love an afternoon nap, Dr Weil highly recommends taking a nap during the day. I have very little trouble falling asleep in the afternoon, 30 minutes is good if you have the time.

Honored Contributor

Ibprofen helps me and they say to drink plenty of water too to help with the legs.

I don't nap unless it comes over me so powerfully that I can't stay awake! It is wierd, but that's how it does it with me.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, they have never worked for me, and I have worked every shift that existed.  Always made me more tired.

hcjynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Not during the work week, but usually on the weekend either Saturday or Sunday, I find a bit of time to doze off on the couch. It normally lasts between 40 minutes to a little over an hour.

There is no secret, I just will have a slow period and doze off from pure exhaustion. I always feel so much better afterwards.

Respected Contributor

I used to NEED naps-I could not make it through the day without one. My nights were broken by chronic pain, and I never woke up feeling rested.  I can't say naps helped either.  Being diagnosed with sleep apnea and being put on CPAP changed all that. The chronic pain is still there, but I deal with life so much better as a result of getting restorative sleep. My pulmonologist is my hero!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take a nap?

[ Edited ]

I don't intentionally take a nap but there are times when I realize that I missed the ending of a program by 5, 10 or 15 minutes.  I guess that's a nap, huh.  This has happened mostly since I retired so I must not be busy enough.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@10grands wrote:

Yes, I do take a nap.   Sit in my recliner and watch TV in the early afternoon, just doze off, usually only sleep half hour.   It does not affect me if I do not get a nap on other days.  Probably would not nap if I actually laid down in bed.

-----------------------------------------------

That is exactly what I do.  I love my afternoon nap.

Esteemed Contributor

Napping is my favorite of Life's Guilty Pleasures. I rarely feel that I need to nap, they just make me feel better.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

If I nap, I have trouble sleeping at night.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I would take naps on Sundays during the football games.  If I turned a game on that John Madden was moderating, I swear there was something about his voice that immediately put me to sleep - I didn't care what the game was, I just made sure it was him moderating and BOOM - out like a light!