Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Tell him if he has a stroke and dies, it will be suicide and you will donate his body to science.  If he doesn't die, you will stash him in the worst nursing home you can find and wash your hands of him.  He isn't stubborn.  He's selfish.

Well, aren't you the happy little ray of sunshine.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

I have been on Eliquis for 5 years.... last week CVS informed me they have none in stock..so it's been four days and still nothing.... There are several more CVS in town they don't have any either.......

@sann - oh my gosh.  I take Xarelto but hadn't heard of Eloquis shortages like you've described. Have you found any yet?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Tell him if he has a stroke and dies, it will be suicide and you will donate his body to science.  If he doesn't die, you will stash him in the worst nursing home you can find and wash your hands of him.  He isn't stubborn.  He's selfish.

Always a ray of sunshine.....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@sann wrote:

I have been on Eliquis for 5 years.... last week CVS informed me they have none in stock..so it's been four days and still nothing.... There are several more CVS in town they don't have any either.......

@sann - oh my gosh.  I take Xarelto but hadn't heard of Eloquis shortages like you've described. Have you found any yet?

Yes finally yesterday....this is the first time this has happened...very scary !!!

Respected Contributor

I don't know if this will help but look into prescription programs like Good Rx, Singlecare Rx, WellRx and RxSave. I hope you find a more affordable way and that your husband does well with or without the medication. Well wishes to you both!🙏🏼🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Contributor

Retired military and with Tricare for Life I get my Eliquis from Express Scripts.  It's $39 for a 90 day supply.

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

I don't know if this will help but look into prescription programs like Good Rx, Singlecare Rx, WellRx and RxSave. I hope you find a more affordable way and that your husband does well with or without the medication. Well wishes to you both!🙏🏼🤗

@Trailrun23 Also Google this:

Mark Cuban online Pharmacy:20220622_153029.jpg

20220622_153042.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

My Dad takes it, and has for years.

Here is an opportunity when we can be Grateful for our insurance companies, rather than knocking them.

Wish everyone who doesn't / can't get insurance could get some help too.

No blame, no shame.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Mark Cuban lives in Dallas and owns the NBA team Dallas Mavericks, He has all sorts of businesses. I read the pharmacy thing is like Good RX which doesn't help me or DH at all. Hopefully some can benefit from it but our income isn't low enough. Never knew we were " rich"! 

Update: DH finally agreed to get the Eliquis and has been on it for about ten days now. With insurance he paid $140 for a 90 day supply. He takes it twice a day. I am so grateful for all the feedback from everyone. Very helpful! 

Esteemed Contributor
Speak with your doctor, there are less expensive alternatives.
Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.