Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you pay attention to your pH levels?

@sidsmom, I will report back, this is a group of "younger" women trying to lose weight. I'm sure they've never heard of pH, but we'll see. Without knowing anyone but one, I already know I will be the healthiest woman in the room, and that is just a statement of fact, not coming from a place of superiority. Which is why I love sharing the message of health. I want everyone to feel good!

As for the water, I use my ionizer for drinking, coffee, cooking, anything where the water will be going into my system. Our city water supply has chlorine and fluoride added, ugh, they kill the good gut bacteria! Keep buying your water!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack  I'm very interested in this. I often feel too acidic. A burning feeling in my mouth, nose, and eyes. Also bad stomach problems. I do take a PPI for Gerd. I'm wondering if it's really messing me up. I'm not feeling well at all lately. My skin is very dry, I feel almost dehydrated all the time. Anyway, sorry. What do you use to test your saliva?  Can I buy it from Amazon? 

I just had bloodwork. I expect it to be normal. It has been before when I felt the same way. This has been going on for awhile. 

I want to test my pH. My husband thinks that's my problem. While I agree with some comments regarding diet, I take medications. I would think they could negatively affect your pH. 

Thanks for any info. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055@sidsmom,

I'm home from my presentation, which went very well. I think I imparted some thought food if nothing else. We tested everyone's pH, a real eye opener. It is a topic very few are enlightened about.

Meds can definitely affect your pH, usually to the detriment of your body. I use Hydrion test tape that I buy very reasonably on Amazon. I am not on any meds, which I attribute largely to very clean eating and somewhat to genetics. My dad was on like 10 prescriptions, but he lived to 93. It all goes back to garbage in, garbage out. I try to put as little garbage in as possible.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you MM.  I'm a fruit & veggie lover so I've always assumed that I'm fairly alkaline .  I'm curious what kind of ionizer you purchased.  I'm looking into a water system for the house as I'm spending a small fortune as well as the inconvenience of purchasing water.  Thanks for spreading the good word.

Trusted Contributor

This is nothing nut junk science designed to separate the ignorant ad gullible from their money.

In addition to there being no credible scientifuc evidence for this, the human body  and its bloodstream are buffered.  This means that the human circulatory systen will keo pH in he same range regardless of the foods we eat.

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

This is nothing nut junk science designed to separate the ignorant ad gullible from their money.

In addition to there being no credible scientifuc evidence for this, the human body  and its bloodstream are buffered.  This means that the human circulatory systen will keo pH in he same range regardless of the foods we eat.

@KYToby, I agree with you that the body will seek to balance itself, it must to survive. The issue is where does the body find the minerals that it needs to keep the body in homeostasis? If not freely available from the food we eat and the water we drink, it will leach those minerals from the bones and other organs. I would rather provide the minerals through the food I eat than from my bones.

I also understand that not all agree with this concept, no big deal to me. I do know that MDs practicing functional medicine agree, maybe not so much those practicing traditional medicine who get hardly any nutritional training at all. I won't criticize you for believing what you believe, ever, because that gives me the freedom to believe what I believe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I agree with you MM.  I'm a fruit & veggie lover so I've always assumed that I'm fairly alkaline .  I'm curious what kind of ionizer you purchased.  I'm looking into a water system for the house as I'm spending a small fortune as well as the inconvenience of purchasing water.  Thanks for spreading the good word.

@phoenixbrd, I bought a Tyent/Rettin ionizer eight years ago, it has been a workhorse. Paid $2,400 for it. It has two filters that I change twice a year, the panel lets me know when it's time. Another popular brand is Kangen, but I avoided that brand based on the high price with no additional benefits. I see that Tyent has a new undercounter system that I will look into when I need to replace mine. Thanks for your support! Not all agree, understandably, but I'm not seeking to make anyone a believer, either you get it or you don't.

An interesting note from last night. Before my talk, I had everyone guess my age. The closest guess was 10 years younger than I am. My skin is unwrinkled and I am fit. I think my skin being good is due mostly what I put into my body. Water and foods that are clean.

Trusted Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

@KYToby, I agree with you that the body will seek to balance itself, it must to survive. The issue is where does the body find the minerals that it needs to keep the body in homeostasis? If not freely available from the food we eat and the water we drink, it will leach those minerals from the bones and other organs. I would rather provide the minerals through the food I eat than from my bones.

I also understand that not all agree with this concept, no big deal to me. I do know that MDs practicing functional medicine agree, maybe not so much those practicing traditional medicine who get hardly any nutritional training at all. I won't criticize you for believing what you believe, ever, because that gives me the freedom to believe what I believe.

Wow, @MaggieMack, what a gracious and classy response to this post!  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I own an (expensive) water ionizer and try to make the large part of the foods I eat alkaline. I test my saliva often and am always in an alkaline state which is supposed to be more healthful than being acidic. A lot of diseases are linked to an acidic state. But some call this whole concept bunk.

I am speaking about this topic tonight to a group of women and was just wondering if you pay any attention to this aspect of your health.

My SIL drinks this kind of water, purchaed in bottles.  She had to change her diet to the Budwig diet after her last round of chemo.  No more will be administered if cancer comes back.   She has been cancer free for a year and a half and it's always come back by now..... Just saying somethings changed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MM...thanks for your response.  Yes, I am familiar with Kangen and was considering, but I will look into the under the counter Tyent.  Hopefully, I'd like to get a system installed this summer.  Thanks for the wonderful information.  Keep spreading the joy!