Esteemed Contributor

Do you need a personal trainer? (Quiz)

I saw this link on Lisa Robertson's Facebook page:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/assessment_questions.asp?quizid=36

I know some people who regularly work out with personal trainers, so I've sometimes wondered if I should go that route.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you need a personal trainer? (Quiz)

When I took the quiz, it said I do not need a trainer.  Smiley Happy

I give credit to QVC and HSN.  With a Pilates, Body Blade, and stepper, I feel like I can do everything here at home while following along with the videos. Plus, I read many comments here in Wellness that keep me motivated.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the link. According to the quiz, I don't need a personal trainer. I am pretty motivated to stay fit because I am diabetic for most of my life and have always feared losing my mobility. So far, so good.

Trusted Contributor

Your Results: You Have all the Know-How You Need

I'm pretty motivated on my own.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I recently joined a gym and the membership included three sessions with a trainer. I thought it was highly beneficial, as they pointed out things that I was doing incorrectly. I think they are valuable to not only get you on track, but to check on you once in a while to ensure you aren't doing something that could result in an injury. 

Regular Contributor

My Results: You Have all the Know-How You Need

I personally think if you have any clue how to workout, paying a personal trainer to stand there and watch you and tell you to do one more rep is a rip off.

Esteemed Contributor

No. I have always been my own personal trainer. Done so much research/clinics/involved personally in studies by Exercise Physiologists. 

Not licensed and make no claims as such. I have personally trained many for running Road Races/Groups in hockey and Referee Training.

I wish there had been Personal Sports Medicine Trainers when I started my own fitness training. It would probably would have prevented tons of my imjuries.

For many a licensed personal trainer can be a difference maker, but I have seen some needlessly suffer injuries because of an overzealous personal trainer.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

This quiz seems to have been better thought out than a lot of those "which movie icon are you?" or "what is your style of decorating?" and thank goodness it was for something this serious.    My results were "Think Twice Before You Decide" which, along with the summary, makes perfect sense for me.  Disclaimer: I never had any interest in getting a personal trainer but I did respond honestly to the questions.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.