Honored Contributor

Do you have an oxygen finger meter?

Fortunately I bought one a year ago just for curiosity to check my oxygen levels for health... now I guess they are hard to come by. I check my oxygen levels whenever I start THINKING something is going on.... like after a trip to the store and my worries about the virus start up for a week or so.... 

I am glad I have it to monitor my levels and keep me less paranoid.  Today my level was at 100%. I went to the store yesterday... and was feeling worried... for probably no reason just worry....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have an oxygen finger meter?

Yep I have had one for a while.  Not sure what the deal is but I run in the low 80s for a while and it is more worrying not checking.  (yes I have health issues)

Honored Contributor

Yes,  I bought one last year for my husband to use.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Yep I have had one for a while.  Not sure what the deal is but I run in the low 80s for a while and it is more worrying not checking.  (yes I have health issues)

@Still Raining 

I don't have health issues--well, not serious ones anyway.  But my level never reaches 100%.  It's always closer to 97-98%.

Honored Contributor

Believe me, if your oxygenation rate is as low as it would be with CoVi19, you'd know it and would never need one of those silly things.  Ever try to excercize when at a higher altitude than you are accustomed to?  That's what it would feel like.  I remember being on Mt. Evans as a child, running and gasping for air.  It is over 14,000 ft.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Believe me, if your oxygenation rate is as low as it would be with CoVi19, you'd know it and would never need one of those silly things.  Ever try to excercize when at a higher altitude than you are accustomed to?  That's what it would feel like.  I remember being on Mt. Evans as a child, running and gasping for air.  It is over 14,000 ft.

Honestly, these are useful and often recommended.  You don’t need to have Covid19 to need one.  There are many other diseases that cause respiratory issues.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had purchased one about 4 or 5 months ago....not due to this virus.  I have some other issues going on and wonder if something might be going on with me.  I also had purchased several products to help one increase lung capacity and trying to learn better breathing habits.  I have bad habit of chest breathing....so these few things were picked up with that in mind.

My Mom had one...she had COPD....so this little finger meter was very handy for her to use.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

——————————

Not always. Do a search on Covid silent hypoxia. They are finding that some people have dangerously low O2 sats and are not aware of it and not showing the obvious symptoms.

Honored Contributor

No, even tho my husband and daughters have asthma and COPD, we don’t have one.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have an oximeter.  Got it after having pneumonia twice in six months.  I check my oxygen periodicallly.  Good thing to have.

I think I will take it w/me next time I go to the store and wear a mask.  Those masks do limit your oxygen intake and I find myself gasping for air sometimes while wearing them.