Honored Contributor

Do you have a list of non-negotiable daily supplements?

Seems my list of daily supplements keeps getting longer with each passing year. I know some of them are not absolutely neccessary but I take them because they give me a sense of security that I'm doing good for my being. Then there are some supplements I find that MUST take daily in order for me to be healthy and those are (in random order):

Vitamin D

Calcium

Vitamin B-12

Turmeric

Would you like to share what yours are?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a list of non-negotiable daily supplements?

No. I've tried them, but I can never stick to them. I have to take daily medication for my asthma and allergies, so adding MORE things on top of that just gets unpleasant. Besides, I just haven't been able to find enough conclusive evidence that most of the supplements we take are needed or beneficial.

Respected Contributor

I have  to take supplements  because I had gastric bypass surgery (6 years ago on  June 15th)  :  Multivitamin

Calcium

Vitamin B complex

I also add:     Biotin

Vitamin D

Viviscal

Honored Contributor

Vitamin D3 5000 units

One a Day Vitamin Gummies

Others I've tried like Biotin and a calcium from Andrew Lessman have fallen by the wayside.  I study my blood work religiously (available to us online) and D is the only place I'm low.  And the gummies taste good, so what the heck.

Honored Contributor

@depglass@birkin baby,

Biotin...I used to take it daily because I was afraid of losing my hair. Then after years of not seeing anything different with my hair, I stopped taking it. But it used to be on my essentials list at one time.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok, have s seat. this may take a while. lol!

fish oil, calcium, vit E, vit D3, vit C, turmeric, magnesium, coQ10, niacin, osteo biflex. 

and on weekends, I take just my multi vitamin gummies - darth Vader shaped. 😊

Honored Contributor

I don't take anything just for the sake of taking it.  I take vitamins and minerals that I KNOW my body needs.  If our bodies don't need something, we just pee it out.  So why spend the money?   I have had nutritional deficiencies that have been diagnosed by my endocrinologist.  I follow his orders and take a multivitamin with iron, I take calcium supplements.  For years, I took vitamin D but it was causing leg cramps, so he took me off that and prescribed Calcitriol.   I take all that religiously, I never skip and I never forget.  I see him in August, if I am deficient in something and need to take a supplement, he'll tell me what and suggest a brand.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree,

I don't take things just for the sake of taking them either but some sups I take do help me...they just won't make me live longer or keep me from dying.Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Seems my list of daily supplements keeps getting longer with each passing year. I know some of them are not absolutely neccessary but I take them because they give me a sense of security that I'm doing good for my being. Then there are some supplements I find that MUST take daily in order for me to be healthy and those are (in random order):

Vitamin D

Calcium

Vitamin B-12

Turmeric

Would you like to share what yours are?Smiley Happy

I needed to start taking some due to recommendations, so I take a daily iron supplement, Vit. D3, a probiotic, and a daily multivitamin, too.

Honored Contributor

A multivitamin and a hair,skin and nails supplement. That is all.I get all the calcium I need eating my dairy and all the vitamin D I need being outside.