Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Think Taking Biotin Does Help Hair and Nails?

@chickenbutt 

Can I ask how long it took before you saw a noticeable difference w/ your hair? My nails have always been strong and grow fairly quickly, but my hair keeps getting thinner and thinner looking around my forehead area. I tried the 10,000 for 90 days and had used the 5,000 prior to moving up to the 10,000 for about 60 days. I did not see any difference in my hair. Did it take you longer than 90 days? 

It's so disheartening to lose hair and I just keep wondering how much worse it's going to look in 5, 10, 15 years from now. sigh.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KCDiva wrote:

Can anyone explain which is better? Bovine or Marine collagen

@KCDiva 

You cannot control where collagen supplements go when you ingest them. The body processes collagen wherever it's needed. The main difference between marine and bovine collagen is their molecular size. In other words marine collagen contains smaller pieces of collagen than does bovine collagen and the smaller size makes marine collagen easier to absorb in the gut. Other than that both bovine and marine collagen will provide about the same benefits. 

There is a significant price difference between the two types of collagen supps. Marine collagen usually costs more.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Can I ask how long it took before you saw a noticeable difference w/ your hair? My nails have always been strong and grow fairly quickly, but my hair keeps getting thinner and thinner looking around my forehead area. I tried the 10,000 for 90 days and had used the 5,000 prior to moving up to the 10,000 for about 60 days. I did not see any difference in my hair. Did it take you longer than 90 days? 

It's so disheartening to lose hair and I just keep wondering how much worse it's going to look in 5, 10, 15 years from now. sigh.

Hi!  I'm so sorry that I have no recollection as to how long it took to see the results.  I've been taking it for many years at this point.  

This is the one I take  (one gel tab per day) -