Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Think Taking Biotin Does Help Hair and Nails?

Thank you @SilleeMee for all of your helpful and spot on beauty and supplement recommendations!  I appreciate your willingness to share what you have found works for you, and I am far from a 🐑.  🙄😅

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer 

Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee
I have found your willingness to answer questions very helpful. I read your suggestions and then do my own follow-up and do discuss with my pcp.

I don't take a lot of supplements, but the two I do take were based on a post you and another poster made. Neither supplement is expensive and both have performed well with no side effects at all.

I am interested in the silica capsules and may try. I don't think I would like the gritty powder. I did try biotin for hair and I saw zip for results in the 90 days I tried.

Re the negative Nelly, she does seem to prey on certain posters...I'm one too and I have zero idea of why she selected me. She intimated I was snarky in her threads and I am normally not snarky AT people. I now do tend to shy away from her threads, but she will pop into a thread and blast away. Will probably do so here as well. She did a drive by on you in a totally unrelated thread someone else started.

But I am personally grateful you respond back to direct questions. You have helped me re supplements. Thank you.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Thank you @kate2357 . So kind.

Trusted Contributor

Because I find these boards so informational and you ladies so educated on these things I will ask. I was going to start taking Collagen. Then I read this post on silica. I am looking for overall hair skin and bone health. Is silica or bamboo extract a place to start or does anyone take both collagen and silica or bamboo extract. Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

Because I find these boards so informational and you ladies so educated on these things I will ask. I was going to start taking Collagen. Then I read this post on silica. I am looking for overall hair skin and bone health. Is silica or bamboo extract a place to start or does anyone take both collagen and silica or bamboo extract. Thank you. 

@KCDiva 

I take both, multi-collagen and silica ( aka - bamboo silica extract). Just to reiterate, silica is a building block of collagen so it will be involved in forming new collagen in the body whereas the collagen supplement is already formed collagen which can be looked at as a protein dietary addition.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@KCDiva 

I take both, multi-collagen and silica ( aka - bamboo silica extract). Just to reiterate, silica is a building block of collagen so it will be involved in forming new collagen in the body whereas the collagen supplement is already formed collagen which can be looked at as a protein dietary addition.

Thank you. 

Trusted Contributor

Can anyone explain which is better? Bovine or Marine collagen

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it helped me and my husband takes it too.  We have seen a big difference.  He takes 10,000 and I take 5,000.  No only did I stop seeing hair in my brush and the shower but it's thicker, shiny and full of body.  My hair stylist noticed a huge difference in the thickness and he didn't know that I was taking Biotin.

Honored Contributor

@Danielle46 wrote:

Yes, it helped me and my husband takes it too.  We have seen a big difference.  He takes 10,000 and I take 5,000.  No only did I stop seeing hair in my brush and the shower but it's thicker, shiny and full of body.  My hair stylist noticed a huge difference in the thickness and he didn't know that I was taking Biotin.

Glad you've had the same experience.  I cannot help wondering if some folks didn't give Biotin a fair chance.

I am NOT one to buy into anything, unless it makes sense and the Biotin has made ALL the difference for me, for my hair and nails.   It's amazing to go from nails as thin as onion paper to nails that are super strong and grow fast.   

My hair has also had great improvement.