Honored Contributor

@Witchy Womanwrote:

@QueenDanceALot

I will give these a try.  In the past, my feet hurt too badly to keep them up.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I spin and do upper body work, but have found doing floor work makes me queasy -- I think it is an inner ear thing when my head is lowered.

These videos -- along with the addition of the cat -- will give me a starting point.

@Witchy Woman

Have you had an evaluation about the possibility of an inner ear problem?

I wouldn't even guess about your feet, except MAYBE your ankles are weak?  That's just a GUESS!!!  

Isn't the cat fun in the videos?  Glad you enjoyed them.

Esteemed Contributor

Good stuff!  Planks with a large resistance ball are excellent, also.

I find my posture so very improved - and even incorporate those movement principles into standing exercises.  It's about keeping all the components in harmony, for sure.

I train for daily life, which is an endurance run, not a sprint!  One of the most enlightening little tidbits I have learned about my body is to pay special attention to getting up and down from a chair (toilet), and in and out of bed.  Two things we do countless times in a lifetime that can wear out the parts unnecessarily prematurely, IMO.  Simple stuff matters.

I have arthritic toes, so I do wear my house shoes when I plank.

No planking in unsafe spaces, though!  I remember that was a "thing" a while back.  

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

Have you had an evaluation about the possibility of an inner ear problem?

No, but I have been this way since childhood.  Always car sick or motion sick -- I could fly without an issue, but any time my head is lowered, I get sick.

One day, we were having drinks on a floating dock and I got queasy!Cat LOL

Tried yoga several times and it was a no go.

I do want to try these, so I'll just go slow. 

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot: You are right. After I posted I realized my error in how I worded my post. Should have gotten back on to correct.

Didnt mean to disparage or demean your post. Not my intention.