Respected Contributor

Re: Disability due to bad knees?

On 12/26/2014 GoodStuff said:
<br />

Do you honestly expect a bunch of strangers on a bulletin board to be able to tell you why your knees are swelling??!

Yep, I do. It's a chat board. And who knows, someone else may look at this thread who has the same problem and it might help them. BTW, I am under a Drs. care. I've been in physical therapy for 6 weeks. I have a follow-up app't on Tuesday.

ANYWAY, THANK YOU to all the kind, caring people who answered. Thank goodness for the internet and message boards and all the intelligent QVC fans who frequent these boards. I knew I could find some answers and support here. May the coming year bring you good health!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 rina33 said:
On 12/26/2014 GoodStuff said:
<br />

Do you honestly expect a bunch of strangers on a bulletin board to be able to tell you why your knees are swelling??!

Yep, I do. It's a chat board. And who knows, someone else may look at this thread who has the same problem and it might help them. BTW, I am under a Drs. care. I've been in physical therapy for 6 weeks. I have a follow-up app't on Tuesday.

ANYWAY, THANK YOU to all the kind, caring people who answered. Thank goodness for the internet and message boards and all the intelligent QVC fans who frequent these boards. I knew I could find some answers and support here. May the coming year bring you good health!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm glad to hear you're seeing a doctor.......but if that's the case, please talk with him/her about the reason for your knee swelling! My dear, many of us (including me) have experienced knee swelling for various reasons and have undergone various kinds of therapies for it......but NONE of us can know for sure what your situation is or what you should do to manage or treat it! I don't mean to be unkind, but please talk with your doctor, and don't seek amateur medical advice from a bulletin board! The doctors who are examining and imaging your knee and the therapists who are working with you can give you much safer, more reliable, more helpful information. Anyone here would just be guessing!

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/26/2014 NYwoman said:

If your only disability is your knees, they will take into account if you can do sit down jobs with your hands. And knees joints can be replaced and tendons mended. ALL aspects will be looked into.

I saw a man with his legs amputated that SSA stated that he could work with his hands.

And SSD stops at age 62.

I am confused about SSD stopping at age 62. My dear friend was still getting disability at age 64 which would become Social Security at age 65. She didn't make it to 65 she passed at age 64

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I doubt it......my former employers had properties that were accessible (actually, I think it's "the law")

♥Surface of the Sun♥