Honored Contributor

S.t.u.n.s me people with diabetes don’t understand their condition.

T2 have a choice.

The longer they prolong treating the condition, the greater chance

their beta cells, which now DO have a choice of working,

will be permantly turned off later down the road.

A self-fulfilling prophecy.

If one says ‘it can’t be reversed’...it will be that self-fulfilling prophecy

if continuing down that path of a high fat dietary protocol.

Now? It’s a choice to reverse.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  I am not diabetic so thank you for sharing that what us non-diabetics have been taught is actually the right thing you are experiencing in practice.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

Dietary fat does not turn into glucose!

Protein in moderate amounts does not turn into glucose!

All carbohydrates turn into glucose!

The fat stores you are referring to are not caused by dietary fat. They are caused by fat that is stored because there is too much insulin in the blood. 

@Flika13

Where there is very little carbohydrate available dietary fat can convert to glucose and then to glycogen.

Those on high fat/low carbohydrate diets get energy via this process.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Trinity11  You're welcome.  And as I said in another post, I am just giving the benefit of my recent medical training.  Others know a lot more than I do but when I know it's wrong or possibly outdated, I'm going to say something because misinformation is dangerous.  

I know we are all smart enough not to get our medical info off of a home shopping forum but if we're going to talk about it, let's talk facts or scientifically backed theories. 

And I fully understand that we don't know what we don't know yet.  But we have some good ideas so let's all keep learning and be open minded enough to know what's being shown as probably true today may just change in the future as we learn more.  Never close your mind to evolving science.  It's okay to change your mind.      

Unfotunately, I think there are a lot of posters who take medical advice from others on this board.  I've even seen a poster refer to another as the board doctor. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Diet Of Hope?

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Flika13 wrote:

The fat stores you are referring to are not caused by dietary fat. They are caused by fat that is stored because there is too much insulin in the blood. 

@Flika13

Where there is very little carbohydrate available dietary fat can convert to glucose and then to glycogen.

@QueenDanceALot  Glucose and glycogen are from the breakdown of carbs.   

I think what you are referring to are ketones which are made by the liver from fat.  When you have very little carbohydrates in your body, your body pulls fat instead, breaks it down into ketones and uses that in place of sugar for your energy.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I hope not!  Even more important then to speak up if you have first hand knowledge or experience with a medical issue.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Trinity11  You're welcome.  And as I said in another post, I am just giving the benefit of my recent medical training.  Others know a lot more than I do but when I know it's wrong or possibly outdated, I'm going to say something because misinformation is dangerous.  

I know we are all smart enough not to get our medical info off of a home shopping forum but if we're going to talk about it, let's talk facts or scientifically backed theories. 

And I fully understand that we don't know what we don't know yet.  But we have some good ideas so let's all keep learning and be open minded enough to know what's being shown as probably true today may just change in the future as we learn more.  Never close your mind to evolving science.  It's okay to change your mind.      

Unfotunately, I think there are a lot of posters who take medical advice from others on this board.  I've even seen a poster refer to another as the board doctor. 

@LipstickdivaI never knew that back pain could be a symptom of a heart attack. Thankfully for me John Hckynut had just had a post about heart disease and women and he listed back pain as a symptom. If not for his post, I would have ignored the pain and continued to go about my day.

Turned out I had a major heart attack (widow maker) and if not for having read his post my interventionalist said I would never have lived if I had ignored the discomfort.

So occasionally what is shared here turns out to be informative and factual. I thank John for his desire to share here his factual posts.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LipstickdivaI never knew that back pain could be a symptom of a heart attack. Thankfully for me John Hckynut had just had a post about heart disease and women and he listed back pain as a symptom. If not for his post, I would have ignored the pain and continued to go about my day.

Turned out I had a major heart attack (widow maker) and if not for having read his post my interventionalist said I would never have lived if I had ignored the discomfort.

So occasionally what is shared here turns out to be informative and factual. I thank John for his desire to share here his factual posts.

@Trinity11, I'm not talking about that.  It's always a good thing when someone educates another.  Recently there was a post in this forum by a woman asking about an itchy spot on her breast and several posters chimed in telling her to go to a doctor because that is a sign of certain breast cancers.  Many don't know that either.

I'm talking about actual medical advice that is given.  Posters telling others about supplements, etc. to take instead of blood pressure meds, and things of that nature.   

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Flika13 wrote:

@Flika13

@QueenDanceALot  Glucose and glycogen are from the breakdown of carbs.   

I think what you are referring to are ketones which are made by the liver from fat.  When you have very little carbohydrates in your body, your body pulls fat instead, breaks it down into ketones and uses that in place of sugar for your energy.   

@Laura14, is this the premise of how the Keto diet works or others similar?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11, I'm not talking about that.  It's always a good thing when someone educates another.  Recently there was a post in this forum by a woman asking about an itchy spot on her breast and several posters chimed in telling her to go to a doctor because that is a sign of certain breast cancers.  Many don't know that either.

I'm talking about actual medical advice that is given.  Posters telling others about supplements, etc. to take instead of blood pressure meds, and things of that nature.   

@Lipstickdiva... Yes, I understand what you mean. You are 100 percent correct too. I have seen some of the posts regarding blood pressure and the myths promoted here. It has lead me to believe that probably this forum won't be here soon. Far too much unscientific advice from posters who know nothing about science.