Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know there are 25 calories in a marshmallow?

@Tinkrbl44  So this is my dirty secret....

Most nights I have a SPECIAL bowl  and in it a variety  of about 10 different  kinds of crackers....a few triscuits ( low fat ones of course!😄)... a couple popcorn cakes...a few multi grain corn chips.. etc... I have a bit of humus mixed with cottage cheese...or sometimes unsweetened applesauce with protein powder mixed in... as a dip.  

I am very particular...it can not be just any cracker.  It is almost a ritual... 

I do buy special low carb bread that I some times have too...I order it from California. 

I am very particular....it is the neurotic part of my personality 😄

Respected Contributor

I do not often have marshmallows in the house but I do like to take one of the larger ones and put a dab of peanut butter on it and then a semi sweet chocolate chip.  

I have not done this lately as chocolate aggravates my acid reflux issues.😩😩😩😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@depglass Why don't you do weight watchers on line.  My whole household has been doing it for a few months now and we have been very successful.  In fact I had to buy some new spring and summer clothes b/c last year's clothes don't fit.  I didn't too much though b/c I am planning to lose more therefore might drop another size. 

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

After I bought my very first food scale in an attempt to drop a few pounds...my world came crashing down when I found out just how tiny one serving of ice cream really is..Smiley Sad

@SilleeMee  I felt the same way about weighing out nuts....a serving of walnuts is SO SMALL!  I had been eating way too many!😢

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

What worked for me was veggies, veggies, and more veggies!  

I would snack on radishes, baby carrots and celery.  Broccoli and cauliflower too.  With a bit of salt.  It took a while, but I lost my sweet tooth.  

I am still working on the salt thing though...........

Trying to lose weight and eating too many carrots are a disaster.  They are high in carbs/sugar.  I was eating them like crazy and couldn't lose a pound.  

Let's see.

Eating a carrot vs. eating a Snickers bar.

Which is healthier for you?

Hmmm.

Tough call.

Tough call indeed!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  So this is my dirty secret....

Most nights I have a SPECIAL bowl  and in it a variety  of about 10 different  kinds of crackers....a few triscuits ( low fat ones of course!😄)... a couple popcorn cakes...a few multi grain corn chips.. etc... I have a bit of humus mixed with cottage cheese...or sometimes unsweetened applesauce with protein powder mixed in... as a dip.  

I am very particular...it can not be just any cracker.  It is almost a ritual... 

I do buy special low carb bread that I some times have too...I order it from California. 

I am very particular....it is the neurotic part of my personality 😄

That sounds really good!! This whole thread is giving me one heck of a snack attack.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Gharm crackers, a little peanut butter,and marshmallow cream!Heart

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Ninjawife, I'll tell you my WW story.  I joined a year ago January.  I immediately came down with the worst case of brochitis I've ever had. Pretty much spent my time in bed after getting meds from doc for incessant spasmodic coughing.  No computer for me for at least a week.  Then I got back to the entry level of WW since I had just finished the questionaire and was designated a purple  I never got to the paramaters or meal plans for purple.  Spent days searching the site.  I emailed and emailed, no one ever answered.  So I lost my money and gave up.  It was nothing like my original experience online years ago.  But I do better with in person meetings.  

Trusted Contributor

My husband loves marshmallows and marshmallow cream. He puts it into hot chocolate every evening.  Never did this before the pandemic.  I wonder what he'll do when the weather heats up.  He usually puts it in my face and says taste this...yum.  Who is this man?  There was one candy from way back that had marshmallows that I liked but can't remember the name of it....other than that don't really care for them.