Regular Contributor

Did anyone see Bill Maher with Dr. Sam who supposedly has the HIV/CANCER cure?

[ Edited ]

My closest friend of 40 yrs was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy last yr at 48 yrs old and was told she needs a heart transplant as well as heart surgeries and she also had to wear a jacket that would shock her heart in case it stopped.

To make a long story short she calls and tells me she's going to Mexico to see a Dr. Sam Chachoua who has the cure from everything from heart disease to cancer to Alzheimers and the list goes on. 

I thought she must be desperate and the guy must be a "quack". At a cost of $20,000.00 she is doing much better but has had to see him 2 more times (flies to Mexico).

This morning I see that he was on the Bill Maher show on Friday night (you can google to see it) and he is the Dr. who was treating Charlie Sheen and was on the Dr. Oz show.

My question is.....do any of you have any knowledge or know someone that is seeing or has seen this Dr. Sam.

It is extremely expensive and apparently many hollywood stars see him....one of them being Carol Alt that was there when my girlfriend was.

I'm not sure what to think of this guy and find it incredulous that there is really a cure out there for nearly every disease!

I myself have an autoimmune disease as well as my daughter.

I would love to hear your thoughts, comments. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Bill Maher with Dr. Sam who supposedly has the HIV/CANCER cure?

As one that has had 2 heart attacks and been diagnosed with CHF, I ain't buying the "cure" for Cardiomyopathy.  The patients heart is too far gone for any type of cure by repairing it. Unless there is something new, and it has slipped past the knowledge of my Cardiologists? I will believe the only cure for that type of heart disease is a heart transplant.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Bill Maher with Dr. Sam who supposedly has the HIV/CANCER cure?

I watch Bill Maher every Friday night and was frankly surprised to see the doctor on the program. I had never heard of him before but whenever I hear about cures for multiple terminal illnesses, available in Mexico and not approved here, I am always very suspicious. Although I am often on the same side as Bill on many issues, I think his ideas about certain recreational drugs, vaccinations, and now this doctor could not pass scientific scrutiny. He and I are alumni of the same university and I can tell you we were all required to take science classes, regardless of major. I guess Bill forgot some of his learning about scientific method and research.

Valued Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I watch Bill Maher every Friday night and was frankly surprised to see the doctor on the program. I had never heard of him before but whenever I hear about cures for multiple terminal illnesses, available in Mexico and not approved here, I am always very suspicious. Although I am often on the same side as Bill on many issues, I think his ideas about certain recreational drugs, vaccinations, and now this doctor could not pass scientific scrutiny. He and I are alumni of the same university and I can tell you we were all required to take science classes, regardless of major. I guess Bill forgot some of his learning about scientific method and research.

I watched it too and honestly couldn't make heads nor tails of most of it and I consider myself a smart person.  I agree with your assessment of Bill Maher -- I do enjoy most of his opinions but find that I disagree with most of his suspicion of modern medicine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it last night.  While I don't believe Chachoua's goat's milk "cure" for practically everything, I also don't doubt that the medical community suppresses possible helpful therapies because they could affect their profits.

I also didn't get the impression that Maher was endorsing this man's claims.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Dr Drew had a meltdown over this guy the other night. Apparently he is not even a Dr (real Dr).

Dr Drew was upset at Bill Maher giving him airtime, and letting him put "his cure" out to the public that way.

I was only half listening as I was reading at the same time, I only know Dr Drew was upset enough to make me look up. He stated that this guys theory (which is being touted as a cure) was so crazy he was concerned that many people could be paying a bazillion dollars for nothing.

I suspect this guy is going to be shut down soon if he is not really a doctor.