Respected Contributor

Did anyone have any side effects from the Prevnar 13

Pneumonia shot? 

Did you feel sick or have a stomach ache, etc?

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone have any side effects from the Prevnar 13

No side effects from my pneumonia shot but the next day I got the first shingles shot. Wow, now that knocked me for a loop! 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

No side effects.

Honored Contributor

I feel very fortunate.  I can't recall ever having a reaction to any shots.  I just completed my Shingrix shots and my only issue was a very sore arm.  Never had reactions to Prevnar 13 that I can recall.  I feel very lucky.

Honored Contributor

After the Prevnar vaccine, I had a feeling of being generally unwell, for several weeks to be honest.  I hope never to take that vaccine again. 

I had the same feeling after my last tetanus shot also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

I just had the pneumonia shot last week.  I was warned that I would have a sore arm and might feel sick.    I had no side effects whatsoever.    I hope when I get the second and hopefully final shot next year that I have the same pleasant experience.

On the other hand,  the first shingles shot through me for a loop.   I could barely raise my arm for over a week.     I almost didnt get the second shot for that reason.    I had no effects whatsoever from the second one!    Go figure.

I have been getting the flu shot for years (I have chronic bronchitis and have had pneumonia several times).  I have never had a reaction to that shot.  One or twice over the years I felt a slight twinge in my arm but it was really nothing   

Honored Contributor

No reaction at all from the Prevnar, either one of the shots.  There are two shots to this one, first one is the Prevnar 13 and the second is the booster (given a year later) and I believe it's Prevnar 23?  but once you've had both shots you shouldn't have to have them again.   I've also had a pneumonia shot every year since I was 45 because of the Pulmonary Sarcoidosis I have (it's been in remission for years).  Pneumonia is definitely something I don't want.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Other than a huge bruise I had no side effect but also it has been proven thru blood work the shot not effective for me, as I have immune issues

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

No side effects.

Respected Contributor

Felt like I had an all over virus for a few days.