Super Contributor

Did You Have The Flu This Season? What Were Your Symptoms?

I'm not sure what it was that DH and I had. We were definitely very achy and had serious chills, coming from within. We weren't cold outwardly, bundled up as we were, but the chills seemed to come from the bones. No vomiting or fever. Just achy and chills.

Was this the flu? What symptoms did you have? (Thanks for responding.) - Bird

Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Have The Flu This Season? What Were Your Symptoms?

The symptoms you described sound more viral in nature. My past experience with true influenza was far more severe in nature with a high fever, sweating, exhaustion, and a lot of coughing. The symptoms were severe for about 6 days, then began to subside over another 6 days. My youngest daughter contracted swine flu several years ago, but the last time true influenza was in this house was 1986. At my husbands VA checkup yesterday, his doctor prescribed Tamiflu as a precaution, due to his COPD. She said the first flu symptom many of her patients are complaining of, is a sore throat. My husband is to go to the ER, or report to the clinic to see her ASAP if he has a sore throat, or any signs of the flu, as he will need steroids for his lungs, as well as antibiotics to prevent bronchial issues.
Respected Contributor

Super Contributor

Fever for several days, serious aches and pains, terrible headache, a choking cough with some sinus congestion and total lack of appetite. It was horrible and I did get a flu shot, lot of good that did me. DH, myself, our high school age son and college age son all got it.