Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Ever Turn Your Head

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@makena wrote:

Really quick and something in your neck goes crazy and it sends a weird paralyzing reaction up the side of your neck to your ear????  

What is that?  Should I be concerned?

No, BUT.......have you ever turned your head and when you do, you hear the vertebrae rubbing/crunching against each other?

AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! It's a crunchy sound.  Man Surprised

YES,  the sounds freaks me out....and it only happens on the right side...very strange noise...

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

Really quick and something in your neck goes crazy and it sends a weird paralyzing reaction up the side of your neck to your ear????  

What is that?  Should I be concerned?

@makena

That happened to me once and never happened again.  It felt like someone had "twanged" my neck like a rubber band.  Scared the heck out of me.

If it continues to happen, of course, see a doc.  But I don't think it will.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree I have an appt to see a ortho but it's not until April 20.  In the meantime I've had awful pain in my left leg, hip, and weakness.  They told me to go to the emergency place on Saturday if I was in too much pain.  I couldn't even walk or stand straight.  It's the second time it's happended in the last two months.  The neck thing started last week but I have had it happen in the past but only on a rare occasion.  They did an xray and said there was some degeneration.  Gave me anti-inflammatory meds which seem to be helping.  At least I can stand but my leg seems so weak it almost buckles and when I try walking upstairs, it feels so wobbly like there is no muscle there.  I hate getting old.

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@LilacTree I have an appt to see a ortho but it's not until April 20.  In the meantime I've had awful pain in my left leg, hip, and weakness.  They told me to go to the emergency place on Saturday if I was in too much pain.  I couldn't even walk or stand straight.  It's the second time it's happended in the last two months.  The neck thing started last week but I have had it happen in the past but only on a rare occasion.  They did an xray and said there was some degeneration.  Gave me anti-inflammatory meds which seem to be helping.  At least I can stand but my leg seems so weak it almost buckles and when I try walking upstairs, it feels so wobbly like there is no muscle there.  I hate getting old.

@makena

It sounds as though you have something going on.  I'm glad you are seeing a doctor and hope he/she can figure out what's wrong.  The neck issue may or may not be related.

My best to you that this is a minor and temporary condition.  Please keep us posted. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree awwww that's so sweet of you.  The thing that bothers me the most is losing my independence.  The doctor I saw at the emergency ortho never laid a finger on me.  Just took an xray and gave me the meds.  I hate taking medications, but I needed something.  That was Saturday and it's improved to the point that I can stand up straight and the pain is much better.  I will let you know what they find.  Thank you again.