Respected Contributor

Did YOU stop Veganism? I did ... !!

I have dropped about 10 lbs in 2 weeks just doing the PALEO plan.

All bloating is gone.  My belts are now too big.

Also, started using Donkey Milk masks and the elasticity is back in my face.

I can't believe all this time, I thought "meat" was bad.

Amazing !

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Did YOU stop Veganism? I did ... !!

A friend of mine is doing KETO, whatever that is

Mostly meat & fat, NO carbs or gains of any kind.

The weight melted off her & she feels great.

Congratulations

@RinaRina wrote:

I have dropped about 10 lbs in 2 weeks just doing the PALEO plan.

All bloating is gone.  My belts are now too big.

Also, started using Donkey Milk masks and the elasticity is back in my face.

I can't believe all this time, I thought "meat" was bad.

Amazing !

Honored Contributor

Yes, I was vegetarian first and then I went vegan. I quit both years ago. Right now I eat high protein and limit simple carbs although I don't do paleo because I don't think that legumes are unhealthy. 

The only reason you lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks is from losing water weight not fat. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I did a Vegan diet for Lent.  I did okay, because Sundays isn't considered part of the 40 days, so I could indulge in sweets, etc.  Don't think I could do a Vegan diet full time, because it is so strict. I've been a Vegetarian for quite awhile. 

Honored Contributor

Vegan is too hard core for me, but my husband and I were lacto-ovo vegetarian years ago. Life is too short to deprive yourself of good food, everything in moderation.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

A friend of mine is doing KETO, whatever that is

Mostly meat & fat, NO carbs or gains of any kind.

The weight melted off her & she feels great.

Congratulations

Yes, eating mostly meat and fat will put you in a state of ketosis whereby the body turns to fat stores for energy rather than glucose. The jury is out on whether a longer-term state of ketosis is dangerous for the body.

But the other thing to be concerned about is that a mostly protein diet can put tremendous strain on the kidneys, so it's certainly not something anyone with decreased kidney function should be doing. It has also been implicated in the formation of kidney stones and may have some impact on bones. I follow a higher protein, lower carb diet, but I understand that eating healthy carbs is important too.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe in absolutes, but I do believe that carbs (the simple kind) are the real fat builders in our bodies.  I guess people are afraid of eating fat because just the word makes you think it will make you fat.

I have a friend who used to be a normal weight, but since she went vegan a long time ago she has continued to gain weight over the years.  (Almost) everything in moderation is what I believe.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

Read the book "The Big Fat Surprise" by Nina Teicholtz.  I read it last summer on vacation and it is very thought provoking. People have been misled for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I don't believe in absolutes, but I do believe that carbs (the simple kind) are the real fat builders in our bodies.  I guess people are afraid of eating fat because just the word makes you think it will make you fat.

I have a friend who used to be a normal weight, but since she went vegan a long time ago she has continued to gain weight over the years.  (Almost) everything in moderation is what I believe.

Hahah!  That reminds me ... about a month or so ago, while watching YT vids, I just happened to see one - YT calls them, "selected for you" .... it was a Vegan channel I used to watch years ago.  I clicked the video and the channel owner was HUGE!   OMG! 4 yrs. ago she was skinny as a stick.  I couldn't believe how "chubby" she was.   She was still a vegetarian, juicing up a storm, but the video was basically a "rant" about insensitive people (not conscientious of the precious animal's lives) ridiculing her for gaining weight. 

Anyway, I thnk  that's pretty much what happened to me.  I was hungry all the time!  Adding meat stopped that hunger in it's tracks, quickly!

Never again!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor