Valued Contributor

Re: Dial bar soap for a rash?

@goldensrbest   I had a rash that looked bloody like that. Kept coming back.  Doctor said it was fungal and gave me a prescription Nystatin cream. Cleared it right up.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From a Google "skin rash under breast"

A rash under your breast or breasts, between the folds of skin, is usually caused by a benign (not cancer) skin condition called intertrigo. It is a very common condition that can occur throughout life. You may hear it called candida intertrigo.

What can I use to get rid of a rash under my breasts?

Treatment
  • Gently cleanse the affected area with antibacterial soap and warm water. ...
  • Apply an unscented moisturizer, antibiotic ointment, or antifungal cream as recommended by your doctor.
  • Avoid scratching the skin.
  • Avoid using highly scented soaps, lotions, or perfumes around the breasts.
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Eons ago, when my sister was a teenager, she had acne and was prescribed either Phisohex cleanser or Dial soap (white).  I think Dial may be too much for open sores.  Get something very basic.  Anti fungal sounds better. 

@goldensrbest  maybe a bit too nosy, but if your mom isn't wearing a bra the combination of sweat and rubbing could cause chafing. A little baby powder might help that.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is a bloody   looking rash ,she said i find dial might be too harsh also,but that is what he said.

@JeanLouiseFinch    Trust me, Dial soap won't do a thing.  There are prescription antifungal creams that will clear it up and, if used regularily, will keep it from coming back.  A medicated body powder sprinkle also helps.

Hard to believe a doctor gave this advice and didn't prescribe something.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest My PCP was treating my rash with prescription anti fungal medication. Until your mom gets the correct treatment, it may take a while just as it did with my misdiagnosed eczema.

As for her doctor's advice, I am a skeptical person ever since someone said to me "fifty percent of the doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class." Keep looking for second opinions if the problem is not resolved soon.

Edited to add: I just remembered that the dermatologist gave me an injection to get the healing started. I would encourage you to see a dermatologist. Skin problems are their specialty like heart issues are for a cardiologist. The skin is an organ, too.

Trusted Contributor

@On It?May I please ask a ? on yoiur blog. I have just started incontinience. I'm in my 79s. The urine has caused a rash. Can anyone recommend a OTC treatment. Need to as if any one of you   SUPER  ladies would be able to rec to  me?. Have no women friends I can ask, Has anyone else had this problem?. Appreciate your sincere ind advice

Respected Contributor

@sligo You might try Desitin. It is a diaper rash cream that works.

Esteemed Contributor

@sligo Pardon me for jumping in but "Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream" works wonders for this condition.   My 90 year old mother in law had severe incontinence for several years before she passed.   Applied daily, it really helped her.  It's available on Amazon.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe he thinks it's a mild bacterial infection....

[ Edited ]

He may think it's a mild bacterial infection and may want to try a simple otc antibacterial soap like dial first to see if that helps before getting in deeper to see if it's something else. Like start simple and go from there? Maybe?

I'd probably give it a try unless it hurts.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe he thinks it's a mild bacterial infection....

@goldensrbest   If the rash area is an open sore and bleeding, it could become infected and make an older person susceptible to sepsis which could be very serious.  This needs to be taken care of immediately.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment