Honored Contributor

I appologize, just realized you are under a doctor's care.... that's great!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I no longer use Lantus, @emmygrace, but unopened pens need to be refrigerated according to the company's literature.  The temp shouldn't ne higher than 86 degrees for an open pen.  

I hope you are able to get your readings back down soon.

What great insurance you have!

Yes, my unopened pens are refrigerated. My latest BS's have been around 120..been through alot of stress when my computer quit working!!!! Ordered a new plug in cable and it didn't work!!! Ordered another and it did work..but had to start all over getting my info back!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! My blood pressure is high now...what next?? Had a long talk with my son last night..(till 2:30...lol!)..he was helping me  to get everything working again! He's been feeling weak and sick..sore throat too..he works in a restaurant..thinks he might have the virus..is it any wonder we all feel stressed!!!!! So thankful for you girls!!! Heart

Valued Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I've been a type 2 Diabetic for about 15 years now.  I'd suggest seeing your doctor and start being monitored.  Pretty much every stress to the body can cause your numbers to go high or higher.  Infection, a cold, mental stress from work, people .... yes, excercise is key and very important but watch your numbers there as well as excercise can cause your numbers to go much lower.  It's a balancing act and having your doctor at the helm, helping you would be a good idea.... make sure it's a doctor who understand Diabetes.  I had one believe that only food affected your numbers.  

BTW, I started my journey with an A1C of 12.  BS of 500.  I was given Metformin and Glipiside and reduced my A1C through diet and excercise to 6.3 and have had a reading below 7 ever since.  I've done it under a doctor's care since that first reading.

My best to you, good luck....

Thats wonderful!!!!! Woman Happy