Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 lynxeagle8 said: Please keep us posted. My husband is a type 2 diabetic. His morning numbers have been terrible and his doctor wants to put him on insulin. It would be great if this worked for him. What were your morning numbers before using this? Has this affected your blood pressure? Thanks for your response!

Its also supposed to help with blood pressure. I will take mine tomorrow at my clients. He needs to try the olive leaf as it helps so many things, just google it. It can't hurt and if he was my DH, yes, I would have him try it. He has nothing to lose! Lmk if he takes it and what results he has, ok? My morning numbers the last month varied from 120- 66!! They were up and down. Mine seem to be more stable now, which is good. I also used apple cider vinegar more often. I haven't used it for a while now, I don't need it. That really worked for me too! Remember, I am the girl whose morning numbers were in the 400 range! I do take lantus every night, hoping I can cut back!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 iam4truth said:

I started taking it after you posted about it. I can't say that I've noticed anything with my blood sugar, but my blood PRESSURE was normal at the doctors office today. Like that never happens. Especially when it's a new doctor I'm seeing and I'm nervous.

I have white coat issues and my blood pressure is always a little high in the doctors office even when I have it (mostly) under control at home. The only thing that changed was the olive leaf.

Iam, Its supposed to help blood pressure too! I am SO happy for you! I think its the olive leaf!! Missed talking to you!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013/jun2013_Unexpected-Benefits-of-Olive-Leaf-Extract_01.htm

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Olive leaf is great for your immune system too. 8)

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Lori64 said:
On 6/26/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 6/26/2014 Lori64 said:

What brand of olive leaf are you taking?

I take Nature's way, Standardized Olive Leaf 12%. I got it from Amazon~

Thank you emmiesmom!!!!

Hope you like it!!Smile

-- Mae West
Frequent Contributor

I found out I am a diabetic when I was admitted into the hospital last December. My number that day was 300 and my A1C was 11. I was put on 20 units of insulin twice daily. Left the hospital and my doctor put me on 500mg of Metformin twice daily and told me of my numbers are below 100 I should only take 10 units. In May, my A1C dropped to 7.0. For a few months now my numbers have always been under 100. When it gets under 60, I get a little nervous. lol but so far so good.

I would like to try the Olive Leaf and see if it would help my blood pressure and hope it does not take my numbers too low. I will try it for at least 3 weeks and see what happens.

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/27/2014 sage4 said:

I found out I am a diabetic when I was admitted into the hospital last December. My number that day was 300 and my A1C was 11. I was put on 20 units of insulin twice daily. Left the hospital and my doctor put me on 500mg of Metformin twice daily and told me of my numbers are below 100 I should only take 10 units. In May, my A1C dropped to 7.0. For a few months now my numbers have always been under 100. When it gets under 60, I get a little nervous. lol but so far so good.

I would like to try the Olive Leaf and see if it would help my blood pressure and hope it does not take my numbers too low. I will try it for at least 3 weeks and see what happens.

I was on metformin, (2000 mg daily) and Lantus 13 units once daily. My numbers came down but I was really sick. They took me off the met (Nov '13) and I began to put weight back on and felt better. My A1C was 12 in Dec '12 and 5.4 in May of this year. The met didn't seem to do much for me. I've heard its because my sugars were so high. You may be able to quit the metformin! I was scared when I stopped the met, but my blood sugars never did go up much. I also quit cold turkey ( which isn't suggested) but it made me ill. My pharmacist walked me through it. It sounds like you're doing GREAT! Please keep me posted. When I took both the met and insulin, my morning blood sugars went as low as the 50's..scary business! Now its getting low again since starting the olive leaf! Just want to warn you to keep an eye on your blood sugar, as I'm sure you will! Please keep me posted. Are you going to talk to your doctor about this?? My doctor told me to quit the met..and I was so glad. I was taking an awful large dose! My doctor put me on potassium,( over the counter.) It brought my BP down! I'm getting my BP checked today and will let you know what I find out. I think you will be pleased with the olive leaf, it has many benefits. You should check it out! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

-- Mae West
Occasional Contributor
What dosage do you take?
Respected Contributor
I picked some up, Vitamin Shoppe Brand 6% says 1 or 2 capsules... I will start this over the 4 th because I will have time off from work. I'm assuming you are taking it at dinner? Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/27/2014 Mustangshar said: I picked some up, Vitamin Shoppe Brand 6% says 1 or 2 capsules... I will start this over the 4 th because I will have time off from work. I'm assuming you are taking it at dinner? Smiley Happy

I take mine in the morning! Can't wait to hear your results!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/27/2014 lynxeagle8 said: What dosage do you take?

250 mg~

-- Mae West