Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @DianeJ2!!  I got to the grocery store today, and got a few other things done, so that's a pretty good start.  

Then my sister called.  She thinks I should be doing more about my POTS.  Precisely what that is, I don't know.  She just kept badgering and badgering and none of what she was saying contained anything constructive at all.  When I finally told her to stop badgering me, she got angry, called me emotional and hung up on me.  Then she blew up my phone with a bunch of text messages.  I asked her to stop.  I told her I'm doing the best I can and if that isn't good enough then I don't know what to tell her.

So it's been a stellar day.  I think I have a sheet mask and a meditation in my future.

The "nude" color of my compression hose is...otherworldly.  I'm not sure who or what they were aiming to color match.  Perhaps they figured it would be the only fair way...to make it so they didn't match anybody.  Smiley Very Happy

I hope you did something fun today.  I'm trying to get myself on a day schedule again, so I'm very tired and I hope I'm making sense.  LoL

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Elri   @fortune

I'm going to have to come back and reply to you both later.  I'm so tired that I feel like I'm not making a lot of sense.  Will talk to you soon.  Love to you both.  Heart Heart

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

There is no need to answer.  I just wanted to provide some background.

You have a lot going on and you don't need outside pressures.  Just keep concentrating on getting better --so you don't worry about answering. 

Wishing you well.........  

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Hi dear Mistri! Thank you for writing back...I won't answer in detail tonight, get some rest and I agree with @Elri  we are all here for you anytime, don't worry today  about having to answer when you're trying to regroup. With  these medication side effects you've had quite a week! Hey, tell your sister Diane said this week, all you need are sheet masks &meditation and that's it 😉

Oh and a gif hug &goodnite from me xoxo Have a good night squirrel lady 💖tumblr_mm4d7pJJWN1qhk87ro1_500.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @fortune!! 

I noticed that you didn't reply to my message to you on another thread, and I was worried I might've said something wrong.  I'm sorry if I offended you.  I was surprised that we are so far apart in age.  I hope I didn't say anything that bothered you.

You've been so kind to me.  I appreciate that.  I hope I didn't say something that upset you. 

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I turned my cell phone off after my sister started her barrage of text messages.  I don't understand what made her go off the rails this time.  We were having a conversation about my POTS, and I think she got the impression that I wasn't trying to exercise, though I never said anything like that.  I just told her it was going to be a challenge to get that exercise bike here from my mom's house.  From that she must've gathered that I wasn't planning on trying to get well...???  I don't understand how she arrived at whatever conclusion she arrived at.

Anyway, when I turned my phone on today, there were about 10 messages from her.  I sent her a text asking her not to do that again.  What I got in return was a series of nasty messages.

I don't want to cut off contact from her, but I can't have someone trying to bring me down when I'm trying to get well and have a positive attitude.  This is not the first time she's done this (and not just to me).

Part of me wants to send her an email telling her to lose my number.  I think I'm going to give it more thought first.  But I don't think things will ever change with her, so is there any point to giving it more thought?

I don't know what to do.  I just know I can't let her sabotage me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elri   @DianeJ2  Thank you so much for your kindness.   Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel That's a good perspective Mistri. Been there, don't let it sabotage you at the moment you're not feeling well,&not up for arguments.  When my sisters are overwhelming me when I don't feel well (I'm the problem solver middle child 🤗) I take a deep breath, calm myself, then say, I love you, thank you, I will talk to you when I'm feeling a little better, right now I'm focusing on getting there, I'm not up for a lot of discussions, will chat when I can unless it's an emergency of course! . I feel free not checking my phone constantly ahhh.  Took awhile, but they get it now and know I'm not cutting them off, I love them... but not taking their drama either. Plain and simple. 

I just got an exercise bike myself! I prefer walking but winter's been too cold. I'm 5'3" I feel like a little kid on this thing, the lowest setting still too high lol  Will keep each other motivated when you get yours. Mine has the potential to be a coat rack if I let it lol 

Laundry Monday for me... Have a peaceful night dear squirrel lady 😊 

washing-clothes-smiley-emoticon.gif

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelwrote:

Hi, @fortune!! 

I noticed that you didn't reply to my message to you on another thread, and I was worried I might've said something wrong.  I'm sorry if I offended you.  I was surprised that we are so far apart in age.  I hope I didn't say anything that bothered you.

You've been so kind to me.  I appreciate that.  I hope I didn't say something that upset you. 

Heart

@mistriTsquirrel

You didn't offend me at all, Mistri!!!16x16_heart.png

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelwrote:

Last night I turned my cell phone off after my sister started her barrage of text messages.  I don't understand what made her go off the rails this time.  We were having a conversation about my POTS, and I think she got the impression that I wasn't trying to exercise, though I never said anything like that.  I just told her it was going to be a challenge to get that exercise bike here from my mom's house.  From that she must've gathered that I wasn't planning on trying to get well...???  I don't understand how she arrived at whatever conclusion she arrived at.

Anyway, when I turned my phone on today, there were about 10 messages from her.  I sent her a text asking her not to do that again.  What I got in return was a series of nasty messages.

I don't want to cut off contact from her, but I can't have someone trying to bring me down when I'm trying to get well and have a positive attitude.  This is not the first time she's done this (and not just to me).

Part of me wants to send her an email telling her to lose my number.  I think I'm going to give it more thought first.  But I don't think things will ever change with her, so is there any point to giving it more thought?

I don't know what to do.  I just know I can't let her sabotage me.

@mistriTsquirrel

Don't forget Jasper's advice:

Avoid Negative People.jpg

AVOID NEGATIVE PEOPLE

Your sister's behavior is really odd.  She really has expended sooooo much energy on all of this.  You are smarter.  Don't respond to her at all.  Don't threaten her, etc.  Just don't respond.  If you find yourself thinking about her, just make yourself think about something else!  You need all of YOUR energy to get straightened out with your medications, etc.  She will just have to imagine what your response is--since you won't be contacting her anymore.  Do this for a long time!  HUGS  16x16_heart.png