Honored Contributor
Please don't ever forget that there are many of us who are together with you in this struggle. I just added a med over the weekend, and had a massive fight in the drug store to get the specific type my dr had prescribed, but I WON!!!!! Sometimes one little victory can help a lot. Shawn, at first I felt embarrassed as I fought with the salesperson, but then I started to get annoyed that she didn't give a darn, so I kept trying!!!! Ladies, please don't give up!!!!! EVER!!!
Contributor

Hi,

Wanted to let you all know that I called my clinic early this morning and am able to get in around 4 today and will update tonight. I haven't been feeling suicidal thank God. I went to bed with all the caring positive thoughts you sent my way and also woke with them this morning and feel so much better knowing I'm not alone. "Hope"

Just want to say that I so feel deeply in my heart for all of you that have been going through this too or have loved ones that are.

Thank you.............Midnight

Honored Contributor
On 12/19/2014 Midnight Shadow said:

Hi,

Wanted to let you all know that I called my clinic early this morning and am able to get in around 4 today and will update tonight. I haven't been feeling suicidal thank God. I went to bed with all the caring positive thoughts you sent my way and also woke with them this morning and feel so much better knowing I'm not alone. "Hope"

Just want to say that I so feel deeply in my heart for all of you that have been going through this too or have loved ones that are.

Thank you.............Midnight

Hi, Midnight! Thanks for the update. This is such good news. You've been in my prayers and thoughts since your first post about this. You can do this. Godspeed, sending hugs and support your way.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Midnight Shadow, perhaps a psychopharmacologist might be able to figure out what medications would be best for you. Psychologists and psychiatrists can and do prescribe medications, but this is the specialty of a psychopharmacologist. This type of doctor would have extensive and up-to-date knowledge about psychiatric drugs.

My heart goes out to you in overcoming your pain.

Honored Contributor

Please don't overlook the fact that you may have a serious physical condition that is accompanied by depression. Please get a complete physical examination to make sure all is well. Some heart problems, while not obvious, result in depression. Once you have been cleared physically, then take the advice here, all of which is excellent and very caring.

My heart goes out to you for many reasons. I am glad to see you are now reaching out and not trying to hide behind a veil of self confidence which is sure to deplete what energy you do have.

All the best, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Smile

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor
On 12/18/2014 glmama said:

Random thought I wanted to share. There is a "thing" on line, started by a blogger who has depression, and it's a phrase: Depression Lies.

It is such an insidious disease. It changes the mind and our decision making and makes us believe that our thoughts and depression our the truth. It is NOT. One thing that has helped me is to really remind myself that I am separate from my depression. These thoughts you have are not the truth. Depression lies to us about who we are, want we want, and whether or not we can and deserve to be happy. Sounds silly, but sometimes reminding myself of this helps.

Of course, first and foremost, is getting the right medical help. So please know that I realize that these positive thoughts and directives can only take hold once meds and the right treatment are in place.

glmama, so true...i learned in buddhism that thoughts r manufactured. I credit buddhism with saving my life. It taught me to go to the source of the pain and throttle it, i no longer allowed it to control me. It was a demon i could shoo away. Of course, i am still depressed, anxious but i understand it now, where it comes from. Not to demean christianity but praying never solved a thing and only intensified the pain for me. Just pray harder, keep the faith, nothing worked. While some deal with the christian faith i am just saying it did not work for me. I thank the poster about pema chodron. Will check it out.
Contributor

Hi

I saw the Nurse Prac. yesterday. After giving her my list of symptoms etc., she too like Ford 1224 suggested, wants me to have some testing done to make sure that there isn't anything physical also going on. Had some blood work done to check my Thyroid (she saw for herself that I was loosing a lot of hair that isn't growing back from root area). She also recommended a stress test and possible sleep study as I have some issues there, along with some other blood tests she wanted to speak to my physician about. Gave me a limited prescription for a very small dose of Xanax .05 to take only if I'm anxious to where it's interfering with functioning. I've been on it before and it does help without making me drowsy at all. Just seems to take away the edge of feeling off the edge and especially if I go into an unexpected panic attack. I do have issue with that.

I have an appointment scheduled later next week with my physician to go over the few blood tests they took and also to follow up with the other recommendations. My psychologist called back and will be seeing her Tuesday.

The Nurse P said they didn't want to start me on anything for depression right now until they check out some of the physical areas and I signed a release of info. so my Dr. could speak to my psychologist.

I wish I could say that I feel better, but it's pretty much the same. However, I do feel a whole lot better emotionally inside with just having all of you being so thoughtful and kind. It really has made a HUGE difference for me. Your all in totally different areas of the US or who knows where and yet your right here. That's a Blessing.

I'll check on the board from time to time and will update as it goes. Hopefully I can be of help if any of you needs support in areas I might be familiar with. I haven't been on the board for a very long time. I just seemed to get out of the swing with going on the computer. Generally avoid it as much as possible. But when I was feeling like I was and was going in circles again, all of a sudden my mind went to this site and I knew it was where I at that moment needed to go. I remembered how safe it felt.

Thank you all again...& "Be Blessed"

Midnight

Respected Contributor

Great news, Midnight!! Let us all know how you are doing. Pamper yourself today.

Trusted Contributor

Midnight, you are on the right track. There is lots of depression in my family. I applaud you for being proactive which isn't always easy to do. Depression can be hard to treat as you well know. It's great that you had a physical workup as often depression is caused by physical problems. Hang in there and as I say below, "this too shall pass".

Honored Contributor
On 12/20/2014 Midnight Shadow said:

Hi

I saw the Nurse Prac. yesterday. After giving her my list of symptoms etc., she too like Ford 1224 suggested, wants me to have some testing done to make sure that there isn't anything physical also going on. Had some blood work done to check my Thyroid (she saw for herself that I was loosing a lot of hair that isn't growing back from root area). She also recommended a stress test and possible sleep study as I have some issues there, along with some other blood tests she wanted to speak to my physician about. Gave me a limited prescription for a very small dose of Xanax .05 to take only if I'm anxious to where it's interfering with functioning. I've been on it before and it does help without making me drowsy at all. Just seems to take away the edge of feeling off the edge and especially if I go into an unexpected panic attack. I do have issue with that.

I have an appointment scheduled later next week with my physician to go over the few blood tests they took and also to follow up with the other recommendations. My psychologist called back and will be seeing her Tuesday.

The Nurse P said they didn't want to start me on anything for depression right now until they check out some of the physical areas and I signed a release of info. so my Dr. could speak to my psychologist.

I wish I could say that I feel better, but it's pretty much the same. However, I do feel a whole lot better emotionally inside with just having all of you being so thoughtful and kind. It really has made a HUGE difference for me. Your all in totally different areas of the US or who knows where and yet your right here. That's a Blessing.

I'll check on the board from time to time and will update as it goes. Hopefully I can be of help if any of you needs support in areas I might be familiar with. I haven't been on the board for a very long time. I just seemed to get out of the swing with going on the computer. Generally avoid it as much as possible. But when I was feeling like I was and was going in circles again, all of a sudden my mind went to this site and I knew it was where I at that moment needed to go. I remembered how safe it felt.

Thank you all again...& "Be Blessed"

Midnight

Happy to hear you are going to examine the "whole," Midnight. I will be thinking of you. My daughters and I have all been through this kind of experience, I do think it is genetic in some ways. We have always envied those folks who seem to be able to go through life without this kind of sensitivity, they are so lucky. I will look for your posts as you go along and am hopeful that you will get better soon. Smile

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986