Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelHi funny lady!! Hope your week went well! 

My WiFi was totally down from the storms we had earlier in the week and then...hate to say this to Ms. MistriT squirrel, but a poor dear squirrel decided to enjoy a vacation on the street transformer and then my power went. Poor guy 😔 i saw the whole thing. Hope he wasn't my rocky squirrel  (he boxes with his tiny hands after every chew of birdseed lol). Just got back in my home an hour ago.  Couldn't stay without air conditioning. 

Write you this weekend to catch up on you and chat about your mom, etc....you know me, tons of things to chat with you about lol  

Grocery shopping now, wish me luck it's Friday night hope I get out by Saturday 😉

Loved both gifs!! 9aebdb00575879119766010d65f41b8f.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @DianeJ2!!  

Sorry to hear about the death of a squirrel.  That always makes me sad.  Smiley Sad  Hopefully he didn't suffer too much.

I'm glad you have your WiFi back.  Were you able to enjoy your time away from home, like a little vacation?  Sometimes it's nice to get away for a little while, even if it's not what you had in mind.

Have fun grocery shopping!!  I've got to do that again soon as well.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Leave it to you to find shopping cart squirrel 😅 I cracked up at that one!

The grocery store where I live is exhausting lol not a great workout 

Yes the poor dear squirrel thankfully didn't suffer. I wish they could cover this transformer, this happens at least 1x year. I went to a friend's house in NY to also help watch the dog to earn my keep 😉 and get air conditioning lol The WiFi and TV there were down too bizarrely enough! Must be a conspiracy to get me away from devices. But I loved it Actually! I sat in the yard with my coffee,  dog at my feet and went for walks around the block. Nice to take a break from over stimulus of web. I highly recommend! 

Regarding your high pulse rate...the pharmacist actually gave me a good tip when you feel like your bp or rate going up..walk in front of the TV, nothing strenuous! Just gentle, for 5 or 10 minutes. Helps that restlessness you feel when you're rate goes up. I hate that feeling so much ugh..

Your sister really has a strong influence on your mom...wow...I think taking the rv and staying in that at the grandkids, even for 2 weeks would be sooooo good for her. And You! I know when my dad was living near me (he was alone) and depending on me for company, etc, I felt so worried about him, I stressed myself Out! Sometimes unnecessarIly. I went through pangs of guilt (I was his only outlet really) wanting better for him. Then stressed/depressed because I knew he wasnt enjoying much unless I took him out.  I really tried my best. That's all you can do. In the end, unless you go with your mom on the rv, will she do it? The Wind got knocked out of her sails quick by your sister unfortunately. I wonder if she would reconsider?

How was your weekend? Hopefully nice...mine went by like a blur...

Ps...this is working great for my dark circles 😆

beauty-trends-2015-08-beauty-memes-dark-circles-glitter-02.jpg

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel oh I would love to help paint your bathroom! That's a good project actually! I painted mine a lovely shade of white out Too! Very clean lol

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @BeccaLou!!  

I do try to keep busy.  I've been rather tired from a new medication though, so it's been harder.  

One of the reasons I find it hard to get things done is that I feel little or no sense of reward or relief when I finish.  It's hard to be motivated to do things when you don't experience a feeling of accomplishment afterwards.  

Even when I graduated from college, I felt nothing.  It was just another day.  It was hard for me to make it through too.  During my college years, I had a heart procedure, 2 cancer scares and a psychiatric hospitalization.  But I went back to school.  It should've felt like an accomplishment when I finally made it through (with decent grades), but it didn't. 

It's also harder for me to concentrate than it has ever been.  I have a difficult time reading books because I get distracted and can't focus on what I'm reading for very long.  The same goes for watching a movie or any other thing that requires prolonged attention.  I have to break things down into smaller pieces, because I don't have much of an attention span.  So it takes me awhile to do things.* 

As far as getting rid of why I'm depressed, I don't know about that.  My depression started when I was 7.  My mom said I was sick with what seemed like flu.  Physically I got better, but mentally I wasn't the same kid after that.  She said it was an almost overnight change.  Counseling alone really didn't do much for me.  It wasn't until they started me on medication that there was any improvement.

Avoiding doctors...I wish I could.  Each time I've tried to stay off of medication, I've wound up in crisis again.  I feel more energized at first (because I'm not drugged), but then I start a downward slide.  It usually takes about 2-6 months for me to wind up unable to function.  After several attempts at going without, I've realized that I don't really have a choice.

I just started a new med recently.  It made me quite sick, but that was expected.  For some reason, I'm more sensitive to the side effects of SNRI medications than others are.  Now I'm trying to get through the tiredness so that hopefully I can go up in dose and see an improvement.  

I'm trying to stay hopeful about this, but I'd be lying if I said I'm sure I'll get better.  I'm not sure, and it scares me.  I don't want to go through the rest of my life like this, but I'm not sure I'll have any choice.

I'll keep trying though.  If I could find something that would give me some sort of feeling of reward--in spite of the depression--that would be great.  I'm trying to eat better, go for walks, push myself to do chores, etc.  I do like to laugh, and that has helped me to some degree.

I have had periods of time when I've felt better than I do now, but it seems harder and harder as the years go by to get back to feeling less depressed.  Hopefully this new med will get me back to a better state.

I'm glad you're having success putting one foot in front of the other.  It's hard.  Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.  Heart  I appreciate it.  Smiley Happy

* =  It was light outside when I started writing this post, and now it is dark.  LoL

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2  Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of grocery shopping.  I like to go when it's not busy.

You went the whole time with no internet or t.v.??

Image result for surprised squirrel Smiley Very Happy

I was thinking about going camping by myself, just to get away for awhile.  If only I had a tent, a sleeping bag, etc.  I think I would need a pad or an air mattress too.  My body doesn't respond well to sleeping on a hard surface like it did when I was a kid.

When the pharmacist told you to walk in front of the t.v., did he mean you should be watching t.v.?  Or do you have a treadmill?  I am trying to get back into the habit of going for walks again.  I don't walk a very long distance, but it's a start.

As far as the R.V. trip...I don't think my mom and I could do that together.  We can't be around each other that much.  She would most likely be going with my aunt, who is probably going to retire this year.  I think it would be a fun trip for both of them.  I would stay behind and take care of things here while she was away.  Not sure if she would take her dog with her.  The dog is so nervous and neurotic that I'm betting she would leave her with me.  I'm hoping that my mom will go on the trip despite my sister's attitude about it.  I need to talk to her about it and remind her that you only live once, and you can't let a naysayer keep you from doing something that's on your bucket list.

I just had a phone conversation with my mom last night.  It is maddening to listen to her vent.  She acts like everyone else doesn't have their head on straight, and she's the only one who does.  And everything that happens is just a prelude to an oncoming disaster.  I really wish she would get a therapist, but she refuses to get one.  ::shrug::

This weekend was pretty blah for me.  I got a few things done though...some laundry and dishes and a little cleaning.  I cooked healthy food for myself.  Will probably go for a short walk after this.

That "concealer" looks like an Elf product I have for the undereye area.  Not sure what they were thinking with the glitter.  heh

Esteemed Contributor

Glitter joke:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ani0YI2KU

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Happy Tuesday funny lady 😊

Omg I know I've said this a ton, but again, love the glitter squirrel gif lol I'm finding a few for you to match our chats. Pretend you haven't seen the squirrel ones lol  Yes, NO TV can you believe it? I didnt think I would last lol A day fast is incredibly Freeing! 

I just read your post about not finding a reward after anything accomplished. Have to say, yet again, I get it. I'm sorry, I didn't know you went through that in college. Must have been scary times. Thankfully, you were ok. As you know, that's when my lyme came out and I graduated a semester behind. Which considering was a feat but it was a blip for me too in a way. I was tired at that point.that experience sacked the life out of me,. I think when you go through a scary health crisis it changes you. Yes, lots of gratitude for Healing! But also, what lingers is like being on autopilot. I imagine your depression really took a grip then. I had issues after my treatment paying attention. I was an avid reader, excellent memory. Then reading/retaining information past a paragraph requires extreme focus. Sometimes I still can't. Getting through a movie is tough, I get antsy or a.d.d. Motivation some days, yeah, I need. Other days motivation I have but.helps not a wit!

Don't laugh-I put on my baseball cap, my Walkman  (a Sony FM dinosaur I love!) my sneakers, turn the closed captioning on the TV and walk in place to the music (yes while staring at the screen). Quite a visual lol A half hour show I try to make it to ( my attention span not great either) that's my goal. With music I find it makes time go quicker and keeps me energized while I do. Give it a shot for say, 2 rounds of commercials...

Your mom and you are just like my dad&I were! He was really negative and my greatest teacher in patience lol Stillpoint when you talk to her...if you're getting stressed, cut conversation lovingly short or press your thumbs to your pointer fingers hard to channel anxiety.

Btw I saw a thread on new posters and rules etc. Wish we could Pm! I think it's OK we write? I hope So! 

Time to put on my glitter concealer ttyl ms.squirrel xoxoxo 💖💖6c486059725541e52819ca2299c6024b.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @DianeJ2!!

Love the Cover Squirrel!  I'm used to no cable, but I'm not sure what I would do without the internet.  I definitely have to look for a new computer.  This one seems like it could go soon.  I'm not looking forward to having to find a new one. 

I think I was more resilient in college.  Not sure why.  I know I had more hope then that I would make a nice life for myself.  Now I'm just hoping I can get back to some sort of normalcy.  You're right about how illness and experience can change you.  

I'm trying to get back on track with a healthier lifestyle.  Do you think your efforts have been healing for you?  What has been most helpful for your healing?  I'm hoping I can reverse some of what's going on with my body.

During the time right before I got on the Pristiq, after I'd been off the Cymbalta a little while, I was starting to get scared.  I felt like I had to concentrate when I was driving, for fear that I would forget where I was going or forget that a red light means stop.  I felt like I was losing my mind.  When I would type things out here, I would go back and read and realize I had repeated myself...a lot.  Now that I'm on the Pristiq, I feel better.  I'm just wondering what that was about.  Was it "fibro fog," or what?  I don't know, but it sure did scare me.  I'm glad that's over with for the time being, but I can't help but wonder why it happened.

Anyway, I still have a Discman, I think.  The Walkman is gone though.  Does the baseball cap help?  I'll have to try it. Smiley Wink

Image result for squirrel wearing baseball cap

I had to Google "stillpoint."  I really don't know anything about that, so I'll have to look into it further.  

It recently occurred to me--while I was journaling--that the times I feel at peace are when I am out in nature.  Maybe it's sitting in front of a campfire.  Maybe it's sitting at the park and feeling the grass beneath me.  Or maybe it's sitting and watching the animals.  When I am by myself and taking it all in, I feel at peace.  Sometimes I even feel connected to something greater, which is something I rarely feel.

The thread about new posters...I saw one in Q Talk and one in Community Chat, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.  Personally, I think it's much ado about nothing.  I agree that some people join just to post complaints or be snarky, but a lot of the established members do that too, so I don't see what the difference is.

I think it's okay that we write here.  I have to warn you though that there are lurkers who keep track of what is said here.  On more than one occasion people have brought up this thread or things I've said on it to insult me.  And people feel that I over-share, but I see it as a difference in what their objectives are here and what mine are.  If they come here only for lighthearted fun, fine, but that's not the only reason I come here. 

Anyway, I hope your week is going well so far!!  Heart

Image result for Squirrel with flower

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Hi my squirrel lady!!! I'm so sorry taken awhile to write back....my tablet totally conked out!Literally, the day after we last chatted, the screen went dark..grrrrr...its new too... And you thought it would be your computer! 

I borrowed a laptop to write you quickly-my tablet should be up and running (according to the sprint store) by end of the week....wanted to say hi&wish you a nice weekend! Ive been totally offline and i have to say its forced my attention span back in the present lol 

I know exactly what you were saying below about focusing with driving..I think its a form of fibro fog definately!! Or can be meds and tiredness too...sooo glad the Pristiq is finally starting to make you feel better....you are connecting also to the fact that being in nature is soothing to you...thats where I feel my happiest self too...maybe its the ions lol 

No way, it wouldnt stop me from chatting with you if there was a lurker or complaint etc.. hopefully they can get something great from helpful things we share! I look forward to our chats...alot of times people are longtime members who don't post but are afraid to or feel they don't have anything to add...you definately welcomed me&most I have encountered have been so lovely. I avoid the negative snarky threads. 

bb cap squirrel is me!!!!!!! lol I love this one too!!!! Talk to you again soon, will hopefully be up and running this week!