Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelSame Here! I was up early today,..hoping for a midnight bedtime,  up again normal day  tomorrow. We know how that goes past day 2! Frickin difficult yes!  Breaking this pattern should be an olympic sport. I'm hoping you make it tonight! I swear, we are distant cousins or separated twins.

Sweet squirrel...wise words/insights on the extra slimming to please your dad. Why wouldn't you perceive that's the way to his love&his voicing it? Do you ever look at a picture from years back and remember how at the time, you thought you were way heavier than you really were? Your dad went for your weak spot of wanting his approval and boy he ran with that. I'm so sorry...stinks to grow up defensive mode like a hockey player waiting for the puck 🤐  Makes your unconditional care for him at the end even more beautiful. What a woman you are truly...

Thank you for the kind words about my dad's situation!. Im glad i took control of what i could,  advocating for his every need, so he wouldnt fall through the hospital cracks. Oh yes, definately, that is a good thing to help balance my memories! I have donated alot of his clothes to different needs, including Wounded Warrior project. They truly are the heroes, those who have seen alot.  I had an extra 8 years to have a great goodbye with my dad.  My mom will be another mom chat we have at 2am lol

My magnesium spray doesn't feel quite as oily. I wonder if it's the helichrysum in it or just the brand. Yes duh!! Vaseline makes no sense lol Just call me sleepy Squirrel!

Ok let's see how we TGIF it tonight! Hope you had a nice day and have an even nicer Saturday morning! No  major snaccidents tonight, unless you count the  (2) chocolate chip cookies that I "rescued" earlier 😉

I can't top those cute, funny squirrels you sent lol  Next attempt xoxoxo 

beautiful-moon-night-sky-good-night-animated-gif.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Hi again, @DianeJ2!!

I've realized that I cannot sleep for more than 6 hours at a time.  Then I feel tired when I wake up, and I feel extremely tired for the rest of the day.  Sometimes I can't hold out until my target bedtime.  I become so exhausted in the evening that I start doing things like bumping into door frames or forgetting things.  If I'm able to stay awake past that point, I try to avoid cooking or doing anything else that could become a disaster if I forget what I'm doing.  I'm hoping this is still just Cymbalta withdrawal.  

Thanks for the kind words.  I have many qualities good and bad.  A lot of people get hung up on whether or not they are a good person.  If someone suggests they are not a good person, they get offended.  If someone says something like that to me, I just say that I've never claimed to be good.  I don't think there's always a clear line between good and bad, and I just won't make the argument that I'm "good."  To be honest, it makes me cringe a little bit when someone says I am, as it becomes clear that they don't know me so well.  LoL  

I'm glad you have some measure of peace about your dad's death.  It doesn't make things okay, but at least they seem a little less terrible, maybe?

And I wouldn't say "duh" about the vaseline and magnesium spray.  Trying to figure out how to make products work for you is sometimes a great challenge.  I'm going through a lot of that with my makeup and skincare.  I feel like my dry skin and large pores look terrible (along with the weight I gained) and I avoid going places where I think I may run into people I know.  

Interestingly enough though, I stumbled upon a YouTuber who does beauty videos, and she has acne that is quite severe.  But she doesn't hide what her face looks like without makeup.  She has a lot of subscribers, people in the comments section really seem to like her and she helps people with bad skin by helping them with beauty products and showing that you don't have to be ashamed of skin problems.  She hasn't let her acne keep her from being a beauty guru.  Her channel isn't one of the biggest, but it's not a fledgling channel either.  It really made me think about my perception of myself and how it limits me.  It also made me think about how being genuine and open can help others and can draw people to you who aren't going to just beat you up all the time...but it's a risk, of course.  If I started a YouTube channel about my experiences with depression, I don't know what the fallout of that could be.  I've thought about it, but I fear that future employers could be unwilling to hire someone who is mentally ill.  Once you "come out" you can't go back in.  Mental illness is still stigmatised, so I don't know if it would be in my best interest to open up on a platform where my identity could become known to anyone doing a search.

Blah, blah, blah.  Anyway, those cookies sound good.  I wish I had some.  I went to the store yesterday and skipped the cookie aisle.  I guess that's a good thing, but now I have to spend my time wishing I had cookies.

Image result for sad squirrel

::sigh::

Good for you for rescuing those cookies!!!  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelHappy Monday Dear Mistri! 

Too funny-I just saw something on sleep inertia. I don't sleep more than 3 hours at a shot. Anyway, article was talking about that feeling when you try and get up earlier but you just can't! I have to go back to sleep another few hours or my whole day is shot. I can't remember if I took a med and I bump into walls too, etc.

I think I know which you tuber you mean. She's awesome. Not self conscious and seems happy in her skin. I've gained 10lbs since December with the 4 rounds of antibiotics and ughhh I know exactly what you mean. I wear my baseball cap to the store to hide some days lol The most wrenching video ice watched this week was Pixiwoo. She bravely told her followers she was just diagnosed with MS. Oh that was a tough video. She held nothing back, she's been through alot with family too.

I just took a walk on my local trail. Didn't have my usual pep, I think sloths moved faster than me lol But I made myself today. 5 months of a sinus infection I got so decondiitioned! Yikes. Starting from scratch stinks. I said ok, I will go as far as I can and that's a start. 

I also forgot to tell you...Trammell or t-therapy it's now called, is also good for aches. My acupuncture/lmt friend recommended to me. CVS has it.  870651516094afdd341b7aa5fec5fa47.jpg

Valued Contributor

l6a12bc6be475644503d2a0ec33640d5d.jpg

@mistriTsquirrel I have some good ones for you but I don't want to be poofed lol 

Have a good Night! Let you know tomorrow if I make it on the trail day #2

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2  Sleep inertia...I'll have to look into that.

The YouTuber I was talking about was "thataylaa."  Not sure if that's who you were thinking of too.  I saw Pixiwoo's video in my recommendations but haven't watched it.  I'm not familiar with her channel, but will check it out.

Ugh.  A sinus infection that lasted 5 months?  I've never heard of one that bad.  I had an eye infection that lasted about a month once, but that was because I went to an urgent care for it.  I shouldn't say all the doctors are bad at urgent care places, because the last one I saw at one was good, but most of the time I have to go back to my regular doctor to get a prescription that actually works because the one an urgent care doc prescribed didn't.

It's good that you're getting back to being active.  I'm trying to do that too.  I'm so out of shape.  Today I mowed the lawn and went to my mother's house, so at least I didn't sit around doing nothing.

I've not heard of the t-therapy.  We only have one CVS in the area, and it's kind of far from my house, but my cardiologist's office is close to it, so maybe I'll stop in when I go for my next appointment.

My shoulders are seriously tight and sore right now.  I just got back from my mother's house about an hour ago, and I'm still shaking.  I get anxious going over there and talking to her (or talking to my sister, when we were still speaking).  My shoulders are up to my ears...and they hurt.  I was feeling light-headed when I was over there too, and I don't know if it was anxiety or what.  I also got really angry when we started talking about my sister.  She really thinks her **** doesn't stink, but she's a total hypocrite.  I feel like I can't control the reaction I have when I'm over there.  It's so stressful to me that I have to take a Klonopin to stop the trembling and for my shoulders to go back to normal.  Even when we are talking about something pleasant, I still feel stressed-out.  I don't feel anxious before I go over there, but once I'm there and we start talking I automatically become stressed.  This started happening within the past 2 years, and I can't pinpoint what it is that is causing me to react so strongly now.  It's not like things were fine before that. 

I'm so very tired, so I hope everything I've written makes sense.  I think it's time for bed.

Respected Contributor

I confess I haven't read this thread, but thought I'd make a contribution anyway.

KirkPlus.jpg

Everybody feel better!

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelAh you are wearing your shoulders as earrings! Thats stress management 101  lol I have a bad habit of that myself.  Hmmm...I wonder why you immediately tense up going over there, gee...I'm surprised you don't come home with a wicked migraine! Maybe you are getting a little better 🤔

My sinus issues are awful, yeah. Will tell you next time. Don't want to keep you up if you're looking at this. I think more drugstoreso are carrying Traumeel (t-therapy now) but natural stores should have it too. If you see the green and white tube (arthritis blend) it's faster acting, I think, than the original in the red&white. It's not fast acting but deeper relief if that makes any sense. I usually go for the instant gratification I'm impatient lol But this and the magnesium oil are the best in my opinion. Along with the cbd rub (moonchild's thread). Speaking of threads, was reading the other today, sounds like a deleted gone wrong. Hope you don't wind down here without keeping in touch some other way...

Baby steps with the bad reactions, don't sweat it. How can you handle toxic situations at the moment?  You're just off the cymbalta, starting to move a little, etc.  That would upset on a good day! You're burnt out I think is what that reaction is. Your adrenals kick in over there even when all is calm. Flight or fight you're ready over there for anything.

No walking for me today but I did make a tumeric latte for body aches lol Sounds gross, but surprisingly wasn't. My walk yesterday kicked my behind sad To say! Going to take the summer I think to reverse my last 5 months. When a wonderful 73 year old gentleman I know, breezes past you easily on a walk, you know you'd better up your game 😆

Maybe I need this sassy shirt tomorrow when I try again? Mowing the lawn?

ab5cffb2aef06b76b83d52ac84342d48.jpg

Have a good night dear  Mistri...hope you get great rest tonight....wish we were neighborsupposed so we could walk and chat together! Xoxoxo 

Valued Contributor

@noodleann This is great!

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2  I might've wound up with a migraine, but maybe the Aleve I took before I went over there helped head that off.  LoL  (I had a headache before I went over there.  I seem to get those after I mow the lawn.)

I'll have to check out the t-therapy.  I have Topricin, and it helps, but I wonder if the t-therapy is better.  I have the CBD thread bookmarked; I didn't make it through all the posts.  Which thread was it you were reading that went bad?

I never thought of adrenaline.  One thing I will say is that I have been really jumpy lately.  I haven't been jumpy in years.  The Cymbalta took care of that.  People at work who had dumb senses of humor thought it would be funny to jump out and yell "boo," and I wouldn't flinch, so they would move onto the next victim of their "humor."

Turmeric latte does sound kind of gross.  I used to put turmeric in some of my cooking, but I don't have any now.  

There used to be a guy living across the street who was in his 70s and would run every day at around 4 or 5 in the morning.  I would see him, because I was often still up.  He was so healthy, I thought.  Then he died.  I was talking to his wife one day and told her I was sorry he had passed.  She told me he didn't listen to his doctor and take his blood-thinner.  He died because of a clot.  So sad, because otherwise he seemed so healthy.  I'm sure he could've run circles around me.

You need that shirt to meow the lawn in.  heh...heh hehe...  I'm really tired again.

I hope you have a restful night, Diane!!  Heart

Image result for squirrel in bed

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann  Smiley Very Happy