Honored Contributor

Depression thread. Please! The person who posted last night to me

Please post to me again. I looked for your screen name and couldn’t find it. I should have written it down. The thread was closed due to my error. Sorry 😐 I hope to hear from you. 

🦋

Honored Contributor

Re: Depression thread. Please! The person who posted last night to me

@butterfly123, there is a deleted depression/suicide thread by Anjelena, is that her?

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@butterfly123, there is a deleted depression/suicide thread by Anjelena, is that her?

@Hooty

Unfortunately no. That is the name of the moderator. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123, I realized that after I typed my message, sorry!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty,

sweet friend, I appreciate you 🌹

Frequent Contributor

I commented on your post yesterday.  I was sad to see if was gone this morning.  I understand the moderator's reason for deleting it, but it was still sad to see it gone.  Your post brought up a lot of things that people with depression may have a hard time talking about to others. There really shouldn't be shame in talking about this issue, but for some reason it is for some people (me included), and that's terribly sad.   In any event, I thank you again for sharing that with everyone.  

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker

I’m happy to see your post. I wrote your screen name on paper so I don’t forget. I wrote a lengthy reply and posted “The Starfish Story”.  Did you read my reply last night?

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker

I will write another post later this evening or tomorrow morning. 

Hugs, 

🦋

Frequent Contributor

@butterfly123 I didn't see the response you posted before the thread was deleted.  Smiley Sad  Is this something that can be reposted?  

Also, I'm sorry to hear about newziesuzie (I may not have spelled her username correctly).  I remember reading a series of posts a few weeks back about her passing.  I didn't know her story, sadly.  Condolences to you- it sounds like she was someone you cared about, along with many others.  

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker

I will repost as much as I can from memory. I feel badly about your dear Uncle. It’s difficult to feel closure in a situation like his. Know that he is at peace now and watches over you everyday. I know you were young and so much was taking place with your well-being and his also. I pray that you will find a way to release any guilt or responsibility for what happened. 

You, your thoughts, your struggles and triumphs are valid and matter. Please, don’t let anyone tell you differently ♥️

I know of people on the boards here who feel as you do. You watch for the ones who are kind and willing to express what they are going through, with themselves or family members. 

You are fifteen years younger than I and from your posts, you are wise beyond your years. 

I was diagnosed in my twenties and I had endless energy and loved that until my body and brain would become exhausted. I was over medicated for years. The doctors weren’t able to find a balance. After researching many years later I found the answer. The doctors were mixing medications from different categories. Very dangerous and irresponsible on their part. When they scaled back the meds too quickly, I was a wreck and went through horrible withdrawals. 

That is a little of what took place. I have lost friends to this horrible disease also. I wonder if we take this news harder than most because we are labeled as sensitive people? I am blessed to be sensitive, although others may and will criticize this compassion and abundance of inner love that overflows onto others. 

I don’t watch the news either. I used to like action movies and now prefer something that brings smiles to my heart. I know you have made wise decisions about what you watch, read and listen to. I was happy to read that in your post. Sometimes the negativity will seep through into your day and your mind will try to take over in uncomfortable ways. 

I knew deep within, when I posted the article that someone would come forward and touch my life in an extraordinary way....and here you are. 

If you search for the  “The Starfish Story” (the longer version) you will read how one person makes a difference and others join to create an unbreakable bond towards the same goal. 

I will continue to post in hopes we can converse often. I wish you sweet dreams, calmness and many blessings, lovely friend. 

🦋